Pulling a 25se with 1500 truck

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chessieman

Reaction score
Folks,
Looking for some advice. I have a new 1500/150 half ton truck and tow my current 23 boat which i tow everywhere across state lines to fish. Looking at the 25se its a beast at 4300lb hull not including gas, motor and gear, I am not planning on buying a 2500 truck but I do get a new 1500/150 truck every two years being a work truck. . Does anyone tow this boat with a half ton? Would you jump to a triple axle trailer, not sure if that would help or not? thoughts.... thanks

What are the towing specs of the truck? That's where you'll find your answer.
Could you exceed those ratings without issue? Most likely but.... there's always a downside.

What are the towing specs of the truck?

Exactly !

You want Max Tow. In a Ford that will give you the highest number of lbs you can tow. It will also have a brake acuator....Not that you need it for surge brakes. Stay away from a Triaxle trailer. Once you have one...You will know why. They eat the CRAP out of tires.....When yo make hard turns you are litterly draging the tires sideways and thus WILL be putting "some" tires on it each year. My '96 2530 full transom/bracket with Crows nest and single controls on a tri axle weighed in at 9800lbs......Max to on my '15 F150 4X4 3.5 ecoboost is 11,200lbs. 3.55 gears

Get a dual axle trailer rated to 12,000lbs

My truck pulls 11,500lbs so the hull weighs 4300 + 500lbs of gas, + motor(500lbs and gear 200lbs. So 5500lbs I should be good i would think.

yea. i depends on the truck. i have a 1500 silverado custom trail boss 4x4 that’s got their strongest tow package - zero issues with my 2501 w/ twin 200s.

do i think a hd2500 or a f350 dually would tow her better - sure - but not necessary.

like said. get a GOOD trailer. makes a huge difference.

I HAVE THE SAME BOAT RAM 1500 NO PROBLEM

My truck pulls 11,500lbs so the hull weighs 4300 + 500lbs of gas, + motor(500lbs and gear 200lbs. So 5500lbs I should be good i would think.

your 500lbs for gas = 83gal.... 6lbs per gal.

How much does your Ground Tackle weigh? anchor/chain/rope ?

People typically accumulate more and more weight as time marches on. I bet 200lbs is light.

But the BIG thing you forgot is the trailers weight. Somewhere in the 1100 to 1500lbs....depending what it is ?

I know a guy on Long Island who pulls a 25se with a Dodge 1500. He’s burned up a transmission, but it does the job. I wouldn’t do it with that truck but he does.

Ramps are the hardest with a trucks including 4x4 trucks when the ramps are damp, low tide, and or end of day.
I had issues getting out of the ramp with an F250 4x4 on certain occasions.
As far as pulling on highway, tandem axle and trailer brakes make it easy enough, with the exception you are not going to run faster than 55 mph. You will burn up a transmission if you are trying to run the speed limit on I 4, at 70 mph!

Back