Question on StarBoard

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reelhookedup

Reaction score
Can you glue StarBoard (marine polymer) to fiberglass with out using any screws. I am just looking at using it to hold a fuse block. If I can just glue it what is the best way? One more thing they dont give the stuff away any good sites to pick some up? And would a polymer cutting board material work as well as StarBoard? Thanks for the help new boat is on way in Jan, and I want to get things ready. Sean

I do not think there is any glue that will secure Starboard. When I first started working with the Starboard I was told that it can not be glued. Being somewhat skeptical of this I have tried a number of glues and none have worked. I have since given up and use mechanical fasteners.

If you have not yet bought the Starboard, you might consider using Azak board. It is as strong as Starboard but is much lighter and cheaper. Most premium lumberyards carry it. I use it and love working with it. I have not glued it but am told that if you rough, it up it will take glue. Good Luck!

I did a test using these and a real piece of Starboard.
3M Command Strips

They passed with flying colors, holding the plate to my transom two times out, weeks apart at speeds to almost 40 mph.

IMG_2937.jpg

Of course you'll need to clean the mating surfaces with a liberal wipe of acetone.

Cutting boards and Starboard look alikes have not proven satisfactory for me...they get chalky and crack easily after exposure to the elements. I suggest using the real stuff.

Back