Recent projects

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian S

Reaction score
I have several projects that I have not shared, figured I would post it all together. I'll start with the radio's on the tower. I purchased a second radio, the raymarine ray 49, two new shakespear 5225-xt antennas, and mounted them onto my tower.
919_0683.jpg

919_0682.jpg

919_0669.jpg

919_0672.jpg

919_0673.jpg

919_0664.jpg

Lighting:

I have moved to all LED lights with the exception of the spotlight I just mounted.

Spotlight:

919_0670.jpg

919_0671.jpg

Joystick for spot light:

919_0663.jpg

Hella LED courtesy light
919_0661.jpg

LED Spreaders by Coastal night lights...These things are surprisingly bright, I hooked them up to a 12v in my house and they lit the place up. The only thing I don't like is the plastic mount that came with them. I will replace it some day but I'm very impressed so far
919_0677.jpg

919_0668.jpg

LED dome light- Mars LED white/red combo
919_0665.jpg

Attwood LED 2NM navigation lights- have not installed yet, but will this week
919_0674.jpg

Dri-dek in the cabin
919_0675.jpg

My next project is to build a custom removable fillet table to go over the bar I have on my transom. I use that area below it for my fish box with the kill bag. The filet table would go over it, about 56" wide and have an engraved ruler, knife/pliers holder
919_0666.jpg

919_0667.jpg

I also added a 17p rev 4 prop, no issue with extra weight in the rear with the four blade...

New 15.5" steering wheel

919_0662.jpg

very cool. I like the way you can stand or sit in the tower. Alot of nice little upgrades. Did you have to get the stand for the spotlight made or did you find it?

Tom from Saltwater Specialties fabricated my tower and the railing on the transom...he just happened to have the spotlight stand lying around, it looks like it was made for my light and boat- but it was just left over from an old project.

You have been busy! :)

Dale is getting ready to do a tower, so I'm thinking he will be interested in your antenna project.

Nice work!

You will love all LED, I switched all my lights awhile back and it makes a world of difference with battery drainage ! Looks good ! Especially the deck lights on the tower !

Very sweet setup.
How much were the LED deck lights?
You should check out DeepBlueMarine.com for custom cutting boards. You'll probably make your own, but I had one made for my Parker by them and very reasonable for what you get.

Sorta wish I didn't see this post.............now I think I need a tower like yours! I really like the seat idea and the antennae mounts. Strong work. VHF reception must be stellar. Thanks for posting your pixs!

What is your overall height? Anyone have any experience with Pacific Yacht towers or other suggestions for towers in SD area?

Great - I used to work around the corner from Pacific Towers and I had them make a tiller for a little skiff I have. Nice work - you could club a walrus with the dang thing. My Parker is currently getting dialed in at Pac trailers, Offshore 65 gallon bait tank being made now and then I'll get on the tower. Boat just got delivered to California yesterday. Several years of saving and waiting and the time is now!

Darn Brian, you’re killing me.

That thing is a fish killing machine. I can’t wait to see it on the water, that’s impressive.

I can’t quite afford the pace you’re on, but I will have something like that around my engines one of these days. I’ve also decided that’s the best place for a cutting board. You will love it.

Let me know what you think about the lights. Do you think I need two or four with mine mounted about 10 feet above the deck?

Got my new cutting board for the transom, thanks TunaJoe for the recommendation to talk to the guys at deep blue marine. The price was fantastic and the quality is perfect. I emailed Terry my specs and a picture of my transom with what I wanted...it was a snap for them, my table is 55" wide, attaches and detaches from the railing I have around the notch transom, has two knife holders and a built in knife sharpener. I'm waiting for a weekend without rain to try her out....

FriFeb05214842AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

FriFeb05214818AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

FriFeb05155252AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

919_0666.jpg

Triple Limits - That is an awesome cuting board! I like the way the measuring marks are engraved in the board. Nice.

Beautiful cutting board!

Curious how it attaches to the railing.

That thing will support a 60 pound WSB!

Got a break in the weather, here are the pictures mounted. The railing is 1.25" like my bow rails. Exactly 1.25" behind the lip under the front of the board is another lip...which essentially makes a 1.25" groove in the front for the rail to sit in nice and snug. underneath and towards the back of the board, there are two mounts on the inside of the rails. They are 1.25" high and have a swinging arm that locks the board onto the pipe preventing the side to side movement. It's snug and easily removable.

SatFeb06091251AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

SatFeb06091239AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

SatFeb06091228AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

Triple limit good looking boat looks like you are dialing it in nicely and will be ready for fishing season. One question, I am looking to add a radar to my parker but am not that experienced with the radar receivers. I always thought they should be above all other structure on the boat. You have yours below your flying bridge seat which is where I would have to mount mine. I can't go above because I am already at the limit for over all height for towing. Do you have any interference issues with all that aluminum tubing around the receiver. Also do you worry about the harmful radiation that thing is putting out if you are sitting in the flying bridge? Or do you just turn it off when jumping up, that was my plan but I am sure it won't always happen, I seem to alway forget something?

thanks

panga":1zpyfd6c said:
Triple limit good looking boat looks like you are dialing it in nicely and will be ready for fishing season. One question, I am looking to add a radar to my parker but am not that experienced with the radar receivers. I always thought they should be above all other structure on the boat. You have yours below your flying bridge seat which is where I would have to mount mine. I can't go above because I am already at the limit for over all height for towing. Do you have any interference issues with all that aluminum tubing around the receiver. Also do you worry about the harmful radiation that thing is putting out if you are sitting in the flying bridge? Or do you just turn it off when jumping up, that was my plan but I am sure it won't always happen, I seem to alway forget something?

thanks

I have not had any interference issues whatsoever. In terms of radiation, I only have radar on at night and do not use the tower then so it has not been an issue.

Thanks for posting. I got a couple of questions...

1. I really like the custom tubing around the splash well. I assume it was custom built. My 21se splashwell looks identical.

2. Love the steering wheel as well. Who makes it.

Bucktail":2ma1vpza said:
Thanks for posting. I got a couple of questions...

1. I really like the custom tubing around the splash well. I assume it was custom built. My 21se splashwell looks identical.

2. Love the steering wheel as well. Who makes it.

I had the transom railing done by the same guy who fabricated my tower, was fairly inexpensive. The steering wheel I bought from northeastmarineelectronics.com- was the best price I found.

Back