Repainted deck.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty D

Reaction score
I tried a few deck paints in the last 10 years. This season I blasted off all the deck paint and used Total boat. I use there primer first and non skid paint. As I was painting there primer I can see is was going on like a glue. No pealing no bubbles. I been washing the deck and the fish blood comes right off. This has been a problem with others paints. The best thing is the price. $86 a gallon!! Comes with roller-gloves and 2 paint cups.

Attachments

• BDD6580B-BDBF-4C36-93C2-9880843BBF0D.jpeg
    BDD6580B-BDBF-4C36-93C2-9880843BBF0D.jpeg
    35.7 KB · Views: 384
  • 0F453937-54F3-4E28-97A4-484B18DBFEFC.jpeg
    0F453937-54F3-4E28-97A4-484B18DBFEFC.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 383
Single Stage paint Right?

Yea.....It is......So you keep painting and sanding and painting and sanding and now you stripped it and painted it.

The problem is your choice of materials. Any 1 part paint is pretty much a Glorified Alkyd Enamel , good for 2 to 4 yrs.

Next time.....Strip it and Awlgrip it. Boats painted with Awlgrip are good for 10yrs.

warthog5":11kr3lah said:

Yea.....It is......So you keep painting and sanding and painting and sanding and now you stripped it and painted it.

The problem is your choice of materials. Any 1 part paint is pretty much a Glorified Alkyd Enamel , good for 2 to 4 yrs.

Next time.....Strip it and Awlgrip it. Boats painted with Awlgrip are good for 10yrs.
Awlgrip was good. I used it. I didn’t like how the blood came off deck. I fish a lot. I’m only buying time as in a few years my gas tank will need replacement. Redo the deck the correct way.

I've painted many boats and completed many projects with AwlGrip. It's a great product. My paint cabinet right now has 3 or 4 gallons of AwlGrip.

I've also have used many single-part paints to complete repair projects or paint entire boats. I've used fewer gallons of single part paints than I have AwlGrip.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a single part paint mixed with non-skid as a deck paint. And with moderate recreational use, you'll easily get 5-10 service life out of the paint.

warthog5":jq3kixel said:

Awlgrip, when I use it- it was one part paint. Witch one did you use? Can you send me a link? Thx

Back