repower

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There were good years and Bad years for Opti's.....Seems like from memory.........'99 thru '01 had problems.

Personally....Once you go 4 stroke, you'll throw rocks at a noisy 2 stroke.

I don't know if a 4cly four stroke like the 175 suk or yam 200 have enough kick,lick the 6cly 2stroke with out the weight like the 6cly four stroke

black drum":1k2hmpox said:
I don't know if a 4cly four stroke like the 175 suk or yam 200 have enough kick,lick the 6cly 2stroke with out the weight like the 6cly four stroke

Many of the 2120's are factory rigged with 150hp 4-strokes, and they perform fine with that power.
A 175 or 200 would easily drive that boat.

Kevin said,
A 175 or 200 would easily drive that boat.
I agree. Here's my perspective. I went from a Yammi 150 hpdi to the inline 4 cylinder, F-200XB (same or better low end performance with way better mid-range and top end performance), but I've never run an Opti and the motor isn't on a bracket. Just curious, does the bracket effect low speed maneuvering ?

I had an optimax and wasn't impressed. You have to use optimax 2 stroke oil and I had water get past my filter and went into the motor ruining the high pressure fuel pump and it wasn't covered under warranty.

Latest posts

Back