Repowered my older 1991 2520 I/O w/ a Stroker need prop help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottywotty

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I just repowered w/ one of the Mercruiser 383 stroker smallblock motors directly from Mercruiser it is supposed to give me 325hp at the props! this should be fun! the old motor was a VP 260hp motor. I have the original drive(re-sealed and serviced) a 290 VP Duoprop w/ the original B-3 props on her. Now, I havn't had her in the water yet, been replacing all the electrical and many, many other things! this boat is going to be like new when I finish her! Anyhoo, I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to what props I might need? I suppose I will have to do the prop dance if no one comes forward w/ experience or knowledge. Oh and the hull is a deepvee.

Thanks in advance!

Scotty

BUMP! common you Prop guru's I know I'm an odd bird w/ an I/O on my Parker, and I've even bastardized it even more by coupling my New 325 HP Mercruiser to an old Volvo 290 duoprop. Not too many people out there know much about the I/O versions eh?

Scotty

Back