Repowering 2120 to 200HP Questions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alii Kai

Reaction score
I am considering repowering my 2120 to a new 200HP and wanted to know if any of you could provide feedback on my order of motor preference, (1) ETech 200, (2) Suzuki 200, (3) Yamaha 200? Kindly respond only if you have repowered with any of these as your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Vern

I have a 2014, 2120 I bought new. It is powered by a Yamaha 200. I wish I had a 225. With a full tank of fuel and all other gear and 4 people on board, the bow rides high and the boat is very slow to plane. Don’t get me wrong! I love this boat. The 200 is very fuel efficient compared to the 225 I had on my previous 23 Pro Line Cuddy of 17 years.
I’m not looking for speed. I just want to get up on plane and cruise. I also think the extra power would help to muscle the 3-4 foot seas we encounter in the Gulf of Mexico. I went from a 150 to a 225 on my cuddy and wow, what a difference.
I’m 5’8” tall and at slow speed I can see fine over the bow pulpit however, given a little throttle, the bow shoots straight up and blocks my view. Not saying the 225 wouldn’t do that but, I think my view would be blocked for a shorter time period. I’ve tried tabs down and motor down. It helps. Not much.
I put more people/ weight in the cabin and it helps a lot.
Bottom line, great Boat just a little stern heavy. I say 225.

I’d consider a sternlifting prop and/or a Permatrim plate. I have a Permatrim on my 2320 w/225 and it does a good job of keeping the bow lower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I repowered 3 months ago with a 200 on my dusky. Suzuki was $5k cheaper. Was a no brainer

Etec G2 sounds cool,
So many people hate them, that a boat with a G2 would Probaly be worth less than one with a Suzuki

Just got a 2120 a couple weeks ago. Was going to put another brand new 200 Suzuki on it. Luckily found a guy that won a repower 200 package at a tournament. Bought it off him and saving $5,000 on a brand new Suzuki installed!

Thank you for the responses.

Yes, I have a permatrim on the 150 and it makes a BIG difference getting and staying on plane so it will definitely help you on your 200 Yam.

I decided to pull the trigger on a new G2 200 Etech. With the cost of the repower, I decided to go for the torque and hole shot and their V6 looks more than capable at the same weight ratio. After speaking with some Etech friends who have repowered and a number of mechanics plus their added 5 year warranty, I felt confident to go for it. Plus, their electronic controls and Itrim is going to be
nice step up. Suzuki was definitely a consideration but the pricing and warranty made it an easier decision.

Suzuki is Geared different than all the rest out there. It also swings a bigger prop for more bite.

Oh.....and now you'll have to eat up space with that nasty oil tank with a G2. :(

The 3 gal oil reservoir goes 50 hours before needing a refill, so probably after 5 trips, it will need to be topped off. No more oil changes so there's one trade off. Agree that the G2 is not for everyone as you see on other sites, but for me, I am looking forward to the V6 power with the same weight ratio because going to the Yam 225 with a 9.9 hp kicker and hard mount bracket on the cut out transom was out of the question.

The 3 gal oil reservoir goes 50 hours before needing a refill, so probably after 5 trips, i

You missed my point totally. It's the storage space the tank takes up.

I had 1 boat come in for some work....It had a G2.....Damn their Ugly! But it's your's...You be happy with it.

"Life's to short for a Ugly boat."

Thanks for all the positive responses especially for those of you who repowered to either of the three 200's.

Alii Kai out

warthog5":zpthwixd said:
The 3 gal oil reservoir goes 50 hours before needing a refill, so probably after 5 trips, i

You missed my point totally. It's the storage space the tank takes up.

I had 1 boat come in for some work....It had a G2.....Damn their Ugly! But it's your's...You be happy with it.

"Life's to short for a Ugly boat."
Umm, regarding "It's the storage space the tank takes up", I believe that the G2 has the oil tank mounted on the engine.

Alii Kai":1jc3gh4f said:
Thank you for the responses.

Yes, I have a permatrim on the 150 and it makes a BIG difference getting and staying on plane so it will definitely help you on your 200 Yam.

I decided to pull the trigger on a new G2 200 Etech. With the cost of the repower, I decided to go for the torque and hole shot and their V6 looks more than capable at the same weight ratio. After speaking with some Etech friends who have repowered and a number of mechanics plus their added 5 year warranty, I felt confident to go for it. Plus, their electronic controls and Itrim is going to be
nice step up. Suzuki was definitely a consideration but the pricing and warranty made it an easier decision.

How much is the 200 etec repower costing you and what was the Suzuki cost?

For me the G2 was $20k with everything, and Suzuki $15k with everything

Also, don’t join the Evinrude Facebook page, nothing but horror stories lol

I just repowered my 2001 Parker 2110 with a Suzuki 200HP. Runs great with a top end of 44 MPH. The best RPM for fuel consumption is between 4200-4400 RPM at 32MPH. It does take about 6 seconds to get on plane but that's probably due to the weight of the boat. I did trim the engine up a bit and adjusted the trim tabs and was able to reduce it to 4-5 seconds. Good luck with your new engine.

rednelos":12uc9brx said:
I just repowered my 2001 Parker 2110 with a Suzuki 200HP. Runs great with a top end of 44 MPH. The best RPM for fuel consumption is between 4200-4400 RPM at 32MPH. It does take about 6 seconds to get on plane but that's probably due to the weight of the boat. I did trim the engine up a bit and adjusted the trim tabs and was able to reduce it to 4-5 seconds. Good luck with your new engine.

That’s good to hear. My Suzuki is going on in 2 weeks, I have a 2003 2120, hope I get the same numbers!

Rednelos, those are the numbers I was looking for and they're respectable for the Suzy 200 as I could only reach 32 mph with the F150. The G2 is being hung now and weight wise, I am about the same as the Suzy. I am looking forward to the fly by wire and I-trim and they are going to water test with a 4 blade rebel prop.

Attachments

• Etec2 resized.jpg
    Etec2 resized.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 492
ETEC Gen.2 engines have a built-in 2-gallon oil tank located under the engine cowling,

Let me know how that 2120 does with the 200 Suzuki I will be looking to do the same repower in the near future.

Very pleased with the results so far. Have run 30 hours. Plenty of low and mid range torque, up on plane in 4 secs, top speed of 40 mph at 5900 rpms with 75 gals fuel and 2 crew. Better than expected fuel economy with lots of nice features, I trim, trolling +/- 10 rpm push button, quick connect flush, easy access and low maintenance.

It’s official the original f150 that was on my 2120 is toast. I have looked at the Suzuki, G2 and yamaha 200’s.

Has anyone done a Honda or does the weight difference rule it out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back