Rigging for hoisting

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clamposter

Reaction score
We have only one method to launch here in Point Arena CA. The boat must be configured to lift with a hoist with only a single hook. I went through the hull with a reinforced 1/2” thick stainless bracket through bolted through the keel. Parker boats gave me the stringer layout so I was able to glass in a forward compartment and hatch to house the bracket. The rear brackets simply through bolted through the transom. 1/2” stainless plate and shackles were used on the stern. IMG_4596.jpeg

View attachment IMG_4291.mov

Last edited by a moderator:
Whaaaaat! Man that is awesome. You nailed the strap length for the boat to be level. I could see that being tough.

We have only one method to launch here in Point Arena CA. The boat must be configured to lift with a hoist with only a single hook. I went through the hull with a reinforced 1/2” thick stainless bracket through bolted through the keel. Parker boats gave me the stringer layout so I was able to glass in a forward compartment and hatch to house the bracket. The rear brackets simply through bolted through the transom. 1/2” stainless plate and shackles were used on the stern. View attachment 37246

View attachment 37247
This is crazy-cool! And it brought back memories of when, in 1983 we bought an Albin trawler, at Albin Marine in Cos Cob CT on the Mianis River. The Albin (and all the other boats at that marina) are lowered into the river with an old 'steam-shovel'- like machine system. They used straps and rigging like that on a travel-lift, so it was not necessary to do all the 'prep-work' you had to do with the three-point attachments.... I would love to see another video of the hook up while in the water. Is the lift in a protected cove, or can you only launch on certain good-weather days?

This is crazy-cool! And it brought back memories of when, in 1983 we bought an Albin trawler, at Albin Marine in Cos Cob CT on the Mianis River. The Albin (and all the other boats at that marina) are lowered into the river with an old 'steam-shovel'- like machine system. They used straps and rigging like that on a travel-lift, so it was not necessary to do all the 'prep-work' you had to do with the three-point attachments.... I would love to see another video of the hook up while in the water. Is the lift in a protected cove, or can you only launch on certain good-weather days?
I think I just answered my own question, thanks to Google Earth;
1688869253831.png

Arena cove is just a cove on the Northern California coast. There is no sheltered harbor! We launch when the weather allows it! The hoist is mounted to the pier!

Attachments

• IMG_3886.mov
    12.4 MB
  • IMG_4282.mov
    36.2 MB
I Love Pt Arena!
Interesting strap setup. I have only launched inflatables up there for spearfishing. My rib was set up similar to yours. Our club boat, 18 ft archiles, had two straps joined to a central lifting ring.
Sure wish they had not closed Arena Rock, got my largest ever scallop there, Almost 8" shell, freediving to Boot!
Only freedove the rock one time in 20 years, almost always too rough

They used straps and rigging like that on a travel-lift, so it was not necessary to do all the 'prep-work' you had to do with the three-point attachments....

... THIS is the issue without dedicated lift points! Straps are only as good as their placement and a means to prevent them from sliding off the hull, especially towards the bow.

Lookie here! Helluva ride for the guy in the stern, no?

Splash.jpg

We have only one method to launch here in Point Arena CA. The boat must be configured to lift with a hoist with only a single hook. I went through the hull with a reinforced 1/2” thick stainless bracket through bolted through the keel. Parker boats gave me the stringer layout so I was able to glass in a forward compartment and hatch to house the bracket. The rear brackets simply through bolted through the transom. 1/2” stainless plate and shackles were used on the stern. View attachment 37246

View attachment 37247

View attachment 37247
You obviously have a passion for spending time on your Parker along with the skills to make this happen. Your boat is beautiful and obviously gets a lot of love. I own a 2520xl SC which I keep in Channel Islands Harbor (So Cal).

Like most Parker owners Im always looking for better ideas. I’m curious about a couple of modifications I noticed.
• Looks like you capped off the fuel tank vent. How does the tank vent?
• Did you change and/or move the pad-eye on the bow. If so did you purchase or build this one?
• Bottom paint looks new and I’m about to do mine. Do you have a paint you like best?
• what is the material on the cockpit deck?

Thanks for your help. She’s a beauty.

Back