Rigging Tube full of water, is there a drain?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSW

Reaction score
Hi,
Winterized the boat and had it shrink wrapped. I dried out the bilge and fish box, and overnight after a dry night found a little water in the bilge. There was a water drip running along the inside of the boat where the bottom meets the transom, from the starboard side to the bottom. Stern seat locker and battery area dry, but there was water in the rigging tube. All other compartments and open hatches are dry.

After a few unsuccessful minutes a turkey baster and then a rag was the easiest way to dry it out from the top.

Does the rigging tube have a drain or do you need to occasionally dry it out? If it does have a limber hole I'm stumped on how to find it and clean it out.

It's full of rigging from the top, and hard to reach from the bottom.

Turkey baster was easy to use to dry it out once I figured that out. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Parker 2110 Rigging Tube.jpg
    Parker 2110 Rigging Tube.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 208
picture 2

Attachments

• Parker 2110 bilge 1.jpg
    Parker 2110 bilge 1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 201
  • Parker 2110 bilge 1.jpg
    Parker 2110 bilge 1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 201
on edit
Rigging tube does not have drain and connects the motor to transom (top of pic). Maybe the tube is cracked or transom or motor side grommets are letting in water
b06042de6a8fd615e4d2ca54374dd12b.jpg

https://www.simyamaha.com/RIGGING_COMPONENTS_s/1813.htm
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I would be tempted to carefully work a sharp, steel rod down until I could feel the ridges in the lowest point of that tube, and poke a couple of holes in it to drain the water.

Hi,
Just to clarify where I found the water was in the rigging tube that runs under the deck from aft next to the battery forward up to the helm. It's raised up forward, so any water collects in the stern below the vertical opening the steering, throttle, and electrical cables come out of.

There is no drain. Yes it would be nice

Poking / Banging a hole thru it will split the PVC.

It needs to be drilled, BUT.... needs a very short drill bit with a long extension.
This would have less flutes and less chance of hurting something... Also Beware of a wire getting wrapped up around the drill bit.

As you can imagine...The danger is in skinning a delicate wire that is pulled thru the rigging tube.

Obviously if the hole would have been drilled Before the boat was rigged....That would have been the time to do it. A 1/4in hole is all you need. It will Not be easy and probably be a blind style job. Can't see in there.

Hi,
Thanks for all the replies, I check it again today and it's dry. I'll keep an eye on it.

Back