Rod Holder Ideas

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceblizzard

Reaction score
I've been thinking of a way to install some additional rod holders across the back of my 2520XL. The fish box is a nice idea, but if I had my choice, I would love to have a boat without it. Mainly just put dock lines and fenders in it. My catch usually goes in a nice insulated cooler. So I did a search and didn't come up with much. I have looked at the double and triple rod holders that you slip into your existing rod holder. I am also considering having a rocket launcher setup made that would fit into both of the rear rod holders. If anyone has some photos of what you have done it would be much appreciated.

Charlie,
Eden, Md.

ceblizzard":1z3n7zey said:
I am also considering having a rocket launcher setup made that would fit into both of the rear rod holders.

Now there is a great idea!

Gives you the additional rod holders when you want them, and is removable when you don't.
I'll bet that a good pipe man could fabricate one to look just like the one on top of your cabin.

Megabyte":3mzpprte said:
ceblizzard":3mzpprte said:
I am also considering having a rocket launcher setup made that would fit into both of the rear rod holders.

Now there is a great idea!

Gives you the additional rod holders when you want them, and is removable when you don't.
I'll bet that a good pipe man could fabricate one to look just like the one on top of your cabin.

That would look pretty cool. i would suggest that you also come up with a bracket that would mount outboard in the center of the transom, so that you would have support in the middle of the bar as well as at either end.

Back