S1000 Autopilot

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank TheOtherLine: I will give your advice a try and see if I can get the response I desire. I will let you know the results.

Sommertime is exactly right. I have written a lot about the s1000 on this forum. I tried one and it's in a closet somewhere. If you are trying to troll or just plain old goin' slow and you are heading into a current or a headwind, it just quits. You save money by giving up the flux gate and depending on the autopilot to provide heading info, but if you are not making speed over ground, it quits - and you may not know it. Save up your money and get a real AP with flux valve that provides heading all the time. The S1000 will seem cool when you are cruising point A to point B, but the time will come when its limited capability lets you down. Don't get me wrong, I like Raymarine. The AP I bought to replace the S1000 came from them.

I just installed my S1000 and am having a few problems.

1. none of the built in patterns work. The pattern flashes like circle..circle..circle and will not engage when I press pilot

2. It will follow a track but is off by about 300 feet at the way point, I placed the way points about 1/2 mile apart.

I have a RM e80 , Raystar 125 gps

Wiring
125 red and green are both hook directly to 12v switched and fused power E80 Red not used.

blacks browns and sheilds are all together

yellow, to E80 yellow and S1000 yellow

My E80 seems a little weird in the slip and not moving, it acts like it can't get a fix on the boat and keeps rotating the display keeping the boat centered. Under way its right on the money.

I can't remember if it did this before.

I ran the auto learn on the s1000 and it passed. It responds to setup mode manual turning.

I called RM three times and was on hold for 20 minutes each time nobody picks up or returns the message I left. I emailed them and they don't respond.

ANy help would be appreciated

its very sensitive to speed. You need to be making at least 4-5 mph over ground so check your gps speed not your water speed. Also, verify your connections between the unit and the raymarine. I think you can use the sea talk connection but not sure I hooked the one we did up to a Garmin. Either way if it misses its the gps communication to it because it doesnt go off anything besides that. Another thing to make sure is sometimes it will flash whatever pattern you are trying to do then go to standby then it will engage itself within a few seconds so give it time.

I have the same setup as you do and my E80 does the same thing. If I am on my boat in the driveway, everything on the screen moves around a tremendous amount, but underway, works perfect. On the hook, makes it hard to check tide data, etc.
I had problems initially with mine (bad pump) but once replaced, has worked fine.
Fortunatly, I had a Seatalk and a NMEA bus bar and was able to just connect the appropriate wires to the correct bar. Otherwise, I'd probably still be messing with it.

Again, I too had the same problem contacting RM. I hope you don't get the "pissed off guy" that I got. After 45 minutes on hold, he kept wanting to get off the phone with me.
All he could say to me was " I'M WORKING BLIND HERE!" over and over.
See if you can get in touch with the area rep. That may help.

Good luck!

Striperswiper":2mmt5wqx said:
I just installed my S1000 and am having a few problems.

1. none of the built in patterns work. The pattern flashes like circle..circle..circle and will not engage when I press pilot

I can't help you with the wiring issue but I can tell you, from experience, that the reason that none of your patterns work is because you can not set the patterns by pressing the pilot button.

It does NOT engage the way the manual says it does. I remember having this very same issue and the RM guy told me how to set patterns and it worked perfectly.

Since I don't use the s1000 to do patterns, I can't remember how you do it but I will try and see if I can find my notes.

Back