Shurhold Dual Action Polisher

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

North Shore Boater

Reaction score
I am considering purchasing a polisher. I have never used one and I am nervous about screwing up. Does anyone have the Shurhold Dual action Polisher? I have read about all the different types of polishers, and understand the differences between this machine and professional models. I also undertsand that this machine is not really good at cutting heavy oxidation, but my boat is only two years old and I have waxed it several times by hand.

Do you think I can get away with this type of of machine, or is it a waste? How much of a learning curveis there with the professional models?

I think it would be great for waxing. I primarily use a cheap DA polisher, the shurhold should be twice as good.

Let us know how it works out.

i have a body shop great polisher very easy to use good for light compounding and very good for waxing

Here is what I use... Makita 9227
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001G ... d_i=228375

5172wOfoZRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Not difficult to learn to use but you do have to be careful around tape logos and such. The Parker logo is black printed over red and if you're too ambitious, you can burn thru the black exposing the red (don't ask how I know this :roll: ).

Still, the Makita makes quick work of the job with the proper polishing products.

With your boat only being two years old and not heavilly oxidized, the orbital you have selected would probably work fine, and certainly better than doing it by hand.

Harbor Freight sells one that looks just like the one in Kevin's picture but not made by Makita. Harbor Freight's is most likely made by Chicago but I have had one for 6 years and it is still running strong
Price is around $39.00. Makita is no doubt the Cadillac,but at the Cadillac price. None of them take all the work out of polishing. That's when it is nice to have a strong fishin partner that wants to earn his keep.

mildew2":3rdxst6l said:
None of them take all the work out of polishing. That's when it is nice to have a strong fishin partner that wants to earn his keep.

True that !!

That Makita gets very heavy by the end of the day!
My arms were like noodles that evening. :shock:

I love the Porter Cable 7424 polisher. Lighter and stronger than others that I tried. I do my 2320 twice a year in about 4 hours. Including the bottom.

Back