Sliding Window

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mstelmac

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a 2018 Parker 2120 SC with the issue documented by a guy (possibly classicparker member ?) in the YouTube video below. From my pictures and the fellas video you can see that the Taylor sliding side windows have a weather strip and it’s is sagging down because it is shrinking. Appears that the weather stripping squeezes into place and is held there in between the upper and lower window channel. As the weather stripping shrinks over time it starts to sag. My goal is to buy more weather stripping and heat it up and put it in tighter. I don’t think the answer is adhesive. Taylor wants the model number of my window but I can’t seem to find it anywhere. They state they need it to locate the weather strip type I need to buy.

So, do you guys think I’m in the right track and should try to shrink the molding first then put it in tight? Also do you know the window model? Anyone else try a better weather stripping?

thank you!

Attachments

• 417FF408-7529-404A-AE14-47FEDFE495BB.jpeg
    417FF408-7529-404A-AE14-47FEDFE495BB.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
  • 13556040-2992-4EDA-B734-004687E1FADA.jpeg
    13556040-2992-4EDA-B734-004687E1FADA.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • 735B54D9-5291-449C-A4AD-7B9E6B058065.jpeg
    735B54D9-5291-449C-A4AD-7B9E6B058065.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
  • 2FED08F1-8A4E-4928-A539-FE9F91338A2C.jpeg
    2FED08F1-8A4E-4928-A539-FE9F91338A2C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Hello everyone, I have a 2018 Parker 2120 SC with the issue documented by a guy (possibly classicparker member ?) in the YouTube video below. From my pictures and the fellas video you can see that the Taylor sliding side windows have a weather strip and it’s is sagging down because it is shrinking. Appears that the weather stripping squeezes into place and is held there in between the upper and lower window channel. As the weather stripping shrinks over time it starts to sag. My goal is to buy more weather stripping and heat it up and put it in tighter. I don’t think the answer is adhesive. Taylor wants the model number of my window but I can’t seem to find it anywhere. They state they need it to locate the weather strip type I need to buy.

So, do you guys think I’m in the right track and should try to shrink the molding first then put it in tight? Also do you know the window model? Anyone else try a better weather stripping?

thank you!

Geezzzz, I was joking about my first response to your "Hello everyone"! ☺ It was all that was there, and it gave me a chuckle.... I must have popped in before you finished your post....
... By happenstance, that is my video you are referring to, and yes I am 'that guy', and yes I am a member of Classic Parker....
Whoa! Please don't spend your hard-earned $$ buying more Taylor-Made weather-stripping... I found a very simple and inexpensive solution to the Taylor Made weather-strip window issue. When I first contacted Taylor Made about the issue, they were trying to be helpful, or so I thought. It turns out they were just giving me the run-around. They refused to even admit that it was their window (even after I sent them pictures of their Taylor Made logo etched into the glass)... It was almost comical. (to them, not me!☺).
I tried a number of failed 'solutions' to fix the weather-strip problem, but like I mentioned, I DID find a simple, super-inexpensive solution/hack (as some call that sort of solution). I'm pretty sure I posted another video of how I fixed it. I will try to find that video and post the link here for you. I have well over 200 videos posted, so it might take some time for me to find it. (My videos are not 'cataloged' / organized very well. If I cannot find it quickly, I will do another, new video and post it here for you....

Last edited:
Thank you Andy I will look in YouTube for it but did not see anything at first glance. To me it simply looks like the weather stripping is held in place by resting between the upper snd lower window tracks. The rubber weather stripping has shrunk which causes the sag. They might even make a better weather stripping somewhere out on the internet I could use instead. Interested in your hack but I did not want to apply glue. A quick hack I can think of myself is to make my own little rubber filler to make up the inch of shrinkage.

Thank you Andy I will look in YouTube for it but did not see anything at first glance. To me it simply looks like the weather stripping is held in place by resting between the upper snd lower window tracks. The rubber weather stripping has shrunk which causes the sag. They might even make a better weather stripping somewhere out on the internet I could use instead. Interested in your hack but I did not want to apply glue. A quick hack I can think of myself is to make my own little rubber filler to make up the inch of shrinkage.
Hi Mstelmac, the 'fix' requires NO glue and NO adhesive. If it had not rained most of today I would have made a new video for you. I will re-do a video as soon as possible; I think (hope) you will be happy with the results. It is very simple, in fact seems to be too easy, but it works. I'd try to explain it to you verbally but I think it would make it more understandable to see it in a video; besides, I'm not very good at explaining stuff in writing. (I have a habit of being too 'wordy'!)...
EDIT: I just re-read your last post, and what you said near the end is similar to what I did; I didn't see that when I first read it
.... I used a piece of 'same-size', black rubber fuel hose, precisely cut to length, and tightly inserted it in to the place where the gap occurred. It required me cutting a few pieces to get the 'length' the exact, correct length... It also helps for it to be the correct/same diameter....

Last edited:
This is a 2120? Is the cabin on this bigger than the older model? I noticed a captain seat behind the helm chair and one more next to it.

Hi Mestelmac, I made videos of my 'fix' today... in fact I made four videos. After 'reviewing' each one, I had to keep deleting them, and then re-doing them. I just could not stand my big mouth/verbal-commentary! (which is a common issue with my videos).... I did, finally, make one that 'might' be 'post-able'.... Here is a BIG thank-you, to YOU.... I had not paid much attention to my 'fix' until you started this post, and as I was re-doing the videos, I found I need to 're-fix' the Taylor-Made weather-stripping issue on my Starboard window... (you will see this in the video that I will post tonight; and I will link it back to your original post here on Classic Parker).

This is a 2120? Is the cabin on this bigger than the older model? I noticed a captain seat behind the helm chair and one more next to it.
Hi Cheapie, I'm not sure I understand your question... My video, and response, is about a 2520XLD, that does have four seats in the pilothouse. The 'original' post is about a 21' (not four seats in the pilothouse), but he has 'Taylor-Made' windows similar to the 2520, and with the same weather strip problem that most all Taylor-Made window have; no matter the boat size....

Andy, all the answer to this question is in this post: Taylor Rear Window Weather Strip

The this flex glazing is the same as used on the rear Taylor windows. I cut them both out and compared. The glazing can be ordered from Taylor. See part #4 in the attached picture.

-Matt168F3F74-67F3-4DDA-AF4D-593379905AFB.png

Back