Snagged my 2530!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akholmes

Reaction score
Snagged myself a 2001 one-owner rack kept 2530. Thrilled and can't wait to get to rigging her for offshore.

Shes powered by a single OX66 250 (THIRSTY!)
Has 2 captains chairs and bench seats both sides, port side coming out and dinette going in (on order from Parker)
Riggers going on
tower to follow

Picked her up in Deale MD (trailerless) and ran her 115mi down the Chesapeake home to Poquoson VA. Quite the shakedown...

Happy to join the Elite few! Ive been hunting this rig for about 3 years now.

Attachments

• IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 510
Interested in the tower. After adding the second station on my 2530, Im kind of bit by the tower bug too.

Welcome!

I'd take a serious look at retaining the port side Captain's chair. It seems like a lot of 2530 owners (myself included) end up installing a chair on the fwd bench of the dinette anyway, as the bench seat is too low for a "copilot" to see out the front window while underway or really to comfortably sit while facing forward. Mine's removable to convert it back into a bench seat; I've NEVER once removed it. If you have the option to install the table, which is great, and the rear bench seat only, that may be a good way to go.

Just a thought, good luck with the boat! One of the best Parker models in my own personal opinion.

Palegic
I appreciate the advise! My mate has been preaching the exact same thing... he’s loving that captains chair vs the bench seat in the 2120 he’s used to for the past 8yrs.

Any other veteran 2530 advise welcomed!

fannin":2o0n2d2z said:
Interested in the tower. After adding the second station on my 2530, Im kind of bit by the tower bug too.

I’ve thought seriously about transferring over the tower from my 2120 but I’m thinking it might look a tad small on the 2530. Thinking I might add a rooftop RV AC unit and then a tower with platform just above the AC unit

akholmes":2qwsm09e said:
fannin":2qwsm09e said:

I’ve thought seriously about transferring over the tower from my 2120 but I’m thinking it might look a tad small on the 2530. Thinking I might add a rooftop RV AC unit and then a tower with platform just above the AC unit

Hmmmmmm? Having had those ideas, except the raised tower....There is barely enough room.....IF you want it to fold down for trailering?

warthog5":2z5hq0tr said:
akholmes":2z5hq0tr said:
fannin":2z5hq0tr said:

Hmmmmmm? Having had those ideas, except the raised tower....There is barely enough room.....IF you want it to fold down for trailering?

Yeah I hear ya on that. It will be a challenge. I’m thinking rear folding into the cockpit might be the answer... all of my ideas are long term goals for this boat so I’ve got some time to plan it out!

pelagic2530":21ks3qic said:
Welcome!

I'd take a serious look at retaining the port side Captain's chair. It seems like a lot of 2530 owners (myself included) end up installing a chair on the fwd bench of the dinette anyway, as the bench seat is too low for a "copilot" to see out the front window while underway or really to comfortably sit while facing forward. Mine's removable to convert it back into a bench seat; I've NEVER once removed it. If you have the option to install the table, which is great, and the rear bench seat only, that may be a good way to go.

Just a thought, good luck with the boat! One of the best Parker models in my own personal opinion.

Would you mind posting a pic or two of your setup? One of the plusses for me on the dinette is it’s converting to a berth option. Do you still have that ability?

akholmes":13pd9jnz said:
pelagic2530":13pd9jnz said:
Welcome!

Would you mind posting a pic or two of your setup? One of the plusses for me on the dinette is it’s converting to a berth option. Do you still have that ability?

Unfortunately I don't have any on hand at the moment and I'm away from the boat at work. I'll try to see if I can dig something up, and I'll take some next time I'm around.

In essence, Todd makes a removable seat pedestal that when removed, leaves a nearly flush (~1/2" high) flat covered plate. In my case, the original bench seat cushion can be snapped back in place over the plate, the table lowered, and the middle "bunk" cushion placed in between. Like I said, I've never had any use for removing the copilot's chair, much less setting up the bunk. But in theory, I could also set up 2/3rds of the cushioned bunk without removing the pedestal seat at all (just the aft cushion and the middle cushion with the table lowered). It'd be a bit short for an adult, but it would probably work for kids and/or would give a pretty large padded bench/storage area. Depends on what you're using it for.

Here's a link to the base I used, shown with the pedestal as well. It's listed as table hardware but works just fine for the seat as well. https://www.toddusa.com/productdetails.aspx?id=130&f=43

Got some decent shots of the new rig this weekend

Attachments

• IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_0068.JPG
    IMG_0068.JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 270
Nice! I’m in sunset marina too. 21se with cobia tower. See you around!

akholmes":35bj2jfk said:
Snagged myself a 2001 one-owner rack kept 2530. Thrilled and can't wait to get to rigging her for offshore.

Shes powered by a single OX66 250 (THIRSTY!)
Has 2 captains chairs and bench seats both sides, port side coming out and dinette going in (on order from Parker)
Riggers going on
tower to follow

Picked her up in Deale MD (trailerless) and ran her 115mi down the Chesapeake home to Poquoson VA. Quite the shakedown...

Happy to join the Elite few! Ive been hunting this rig for about 3 years now.

Ponr said:
Nice! I’m in sunset marina too. 21se with cobia tower. See you around!

Cool! Yeah I've kept my 2120 there for about 5 years. Boat with a tower might have seen me around. I have the 2530 at Sunset for now until I find a trailer for it... I'll be there Sunday and Monday cobia fishing!

Back