Splash Date?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I finished the boat yesterday,but it's supposed to rain for next two days so I just made it for April 2nd Tuesday )
They finally caught the first keeper @ Graveling Point today..........so by Wed there should be a few keepers around :wink:
By the end of the month I'll be on a serious Drum hunt.............

Should be ready to go in next week.

I flew in from Wi. last Friday the bay was pretty muddy from the Key Bridge North.

Splashed her today in Matapeake and she ran like a charm. Water was all brown, i guess they are still opening the damm, damm. :evil:

went in yesterday (march 26, 2008) spent a little time looking for fish in the late afternoon, then returned to the dock. i'm told there is some fishing going on in the bay near bloody point md (our usual bay spot) and some small fish up in the rivers.

it was great to get the boat back in. went to the marina and it was neither on blocks nor in the water. then we looked over and up. just happened to check things out when they were getting ready to put her in.

i took some pictures and will try to post them tonight.

my speed issue last season was remedied, since we got her up to 37mph before pulling back to a cruise speed of 30. so i guess the issue was just a dirty bottom. we will pull her mid season this year if the speed drop returns.

but i am also considering getting a yamaha saltwater II prop 15 1/2 x 17 which is the prop used on our year and model in the yamaha performance bulletin on line.

here are some photos of our 3.26.08 launch :)

Attachments

• launch 6.JPG
    launch 6.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 457
  • launch 5.JPG
    launch 5.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 457
  • launch 4.JPG
    launch 4.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 457
  • launch 3.JPG
    launch 3.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 457
  • launch 2.JPG
    launch 2.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 457
  • launch 1.JPG
    launch 1.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 457
Great photos Piano Player! You know what we like here!! :D

I will look for you this season... I come out of Whitehall Creek directly across from you. You will usually find me trolling the areas of Brickhouse Bar to Gum Thickets in the spring. :wink:

My biggest spring rock so far was taken right off of Matapeake.

Image-8D4F2EDEB45211D9.jpg

Image-8D4F5430B45211D9.jpg

yours are great pics too! we caught a 46" female about a mile north of bloody point last spring. it was our only really big fish. and we had the best fishing season ever from small to large. i don't think we got shut out once. mostly because we new where the small fish were.

looking forward to seeing you on the water. we are out frequently.

Installed t-stats, fuel pumps, rocket launchers, replaced rusted bolts and cleaned rust from gelcoat under pulpet (West Marine makes a great product to remove rust from gelcoat).
Bottom paint scheduled for this wednesday and install new water pump early next week when my friend can give me a hand and I should be in next week, hopefully......
P.S How hard is that water pump? I really don't want to wait but I never took off the lower unit before and thought it would be a good idea to have someone who has stand by to keep an eye on things. With members help the t-stats and fuel pumps were a piece of cake, thanks.........

Pain Management":nhrxea26 said:
How hard is that water pump? I really don't want to wait but I never took off the lower unit before and thought it would be a good idea to have someone who has stand by to keep an eye on things.

I generally have my dealer do it during my spring commissioning, so I can't help this time...
But I know we have members here who have done it, so hopefully they will chime in! :wink:

I put in for the first time in 30 days on Saturday. Last trip was in early Feb at the CBBT, then she went to Tri-State for service. Never did winterize this year. Saved a bundle of money (unless I count the fuel burned at the CBBT in Dec, Jan, and Feb).

Boat ran well, and we caught a couple of fish at the CCNPP "rips." Tried to jig up some big fish at the "CP" bouy just So. of James Is. in mid-Bay, but we didn't have the right magic. Boat next to us (I find out later) caught 39 big fish in the upper 30s and lower 40s. We definitely didn't have the right magic...but what they hey...I'm in a great Parker, on the water. Life doesn't get much better than that.

Dave

aka

Better late than never. I finally made it in today 4/10/08 - No really I did go to work today :D

Attachments

• Launch2008 001 (Small).jpg
    Launch2008 001 (Small).jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 323
  • Launch2008 010 (Small).jpg
    Launch2008 010 (Small).jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 323
  • Launch2008 008 (Small).jpg
    Launch2008 008 (Small).jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 323
  • Launch2008 012 (Small).jpg
    Launch2008 012 (Small).jpg