Splashed!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dabbie7

Reaction score
Dropped the Black Crow in her new wet slip down in NC this evening. I've had her three years but rarely trailered anywhere, which is why I never took boat and trailer back to Norfolk Marine to get them properly balanced. Norfolk Marine apparently didn't do anything but drop her on the trailer and wave goodbye when I purchased her. Driving has been occasionally a really scary event on the highway. Driving a straight line was generally fine, but bumps. tractor trailers going by etc. and she could really get to swaying. At any rate, dropped by there on my way down to NC today. I had the boat loaded with a full tank of fuel, gear, etc. They weighed the tongue weight, 320 lbs. This with a boat, gear and fuel weighing in at roughly 7000 lbs. Anyway, they moved the axles back roughly 6 to 8 inches, rebalanced the boat properly on the rollers - I had moved the front post forward trying to get more weight to the front of the trailer, and had it as far as I could go without having the back set of rollers to far behind the stern. Moving the axles and making a few other adjustments got the tongue weight up to 620 lbs.
Anyway, long story short, what a difference going down the road. No more fishtailing, no more feedback from every slight turn to the left or right, just a totally different ride. Much more stability, and certainly a sense that if I had to make a fast move to avoid something, I could probably pull it off now. What a relief. Weather looks reasonable this coming week, and I am looking forward to some serious time out on the water.

Back