Spring 2013 Project time!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See this is strange to me. LOL........I can now see why the cost of launching is high and a PITA. Everything around here is Travel Lift or Giant fork Lift at the Dry Stacks.

Everything is next to the water....200 - 300ft at most.

If your farther than that...The boat is at your house on a trailer or it's a major project set up that will be years in completion.

My final outstanding spring checkoff item was completed yesterday.
My USCG Aux friend stopped by to give me a vessel safety check (VSC).

If you've never had a VSC done, you can request an inspection through the web site.
http://wow.uscgaux.info/content.php?unit=V-DEPT

Attachments

• VSC.jpg
    VSC.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 279
gw204":1xcphx3g said:
Have you noticed any performance changes since raising the motor?

Yes. It's subtle, but I can feel it and I also see a cleaner wake behind me when at cruise.
Like Bobby, I now wish that I'd raised it up to the last hole.
Maybe this coming winter. :)

This will likely be the last post in this thread.
Anything new will likely get it's own thread from this point on.

During the spring season while trying to get the boat ready to splash, I've also been looking for a new daily driver.
My trusty 1999 Cherokee Classic with 276,000 miles on the clock was starting to get tired.
So, after 14 years of faithful service, I started looking around.

My last two vehicles have been Jeeps.
My 1988 Cherokee Pioneer went almost 170,000 miles before I gave it to my daughter, and then I bought a new 1999 Cherokee Classic.
That one lasted me 14 years and a whole boatload of miles.

So when I went looking, I again looked at Jeeps.
Since Jeep decided to discontinue the classic Cherokee and replaced it with the Liberty and the Compass, I was uninterested until the Unlimited came along.

Been looking at these for awhile, and I tried to buy a used 2012 from a local dealer.
Unfortunately, he and I could not agree on price, so I walked...

Pissed and disappointed, I went home and started searching the net.
What I found was a brand new 2013 about 35 miles away in Easton, MD with everything I wanted.
Long story short, I bought it after one visit to the dealership.

So now my spring thread is complete.
Watch for my 2014 thread next year. :wink:

Attachments

• Jeep01.jpg
    Jeep01.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 228
Nice! Note the white color matrches the new Parkers. Dayum boy, you're just AHEAD of your time!

DaleH":27vcb5sc said:
Nice! Note the white color matrches the new Parkers. Dayum boy, you're just AHEAD of your time!

I'm sure he has a new 3420 XLD in "Parker White" on order to match the Jeep!! 8) 8) 8)

Bryan 2530":1d6gwuow said:
DaleH":1d6gwuow said:

I'm sure he has a new 3420 XLD in "Parker White" on order to match the Jeep!! 8) 8) 8)

I wish ! :)

Since I had mentioned in this thread that I was replacing my canvas this year, I figured that I'd put the photos here rather than in a new thread.

I had the drop curtains replaced with new Sunbrella in the color they call "Linen".
I asked the canvas guy to leave out the windows, because I've only run with the curtains down one time since I bought the boat in 2003.
Doing without the windows keeps her cooler in summer, decreases sun damage, and allows for a tighter roll of the fabric in the up position.
The canvas guy also crafted me a rear station cover from the same fabric. I like it!

First photo is of the old canvas. The rest are of the new.

Attachments

• Old.jpg
    Old.jpg
    1,007.2 KB · Views: 168
  • New1.jpg
    New1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 168
  • New2.jpg
    New2.jpg
    860 KB · Views: 168
  • New3.jpg
    New3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 168
The lack of windows takes a little getting used to, but I think they will be better weather and environmental protection in the long run.
The old curtains had 'shrunk' a bit causing the bottom snaps to rip slots in the fabric.
The center panel which I only snapped down for nor-easters, tropical storms and hurricanes couldn't even be snapped anymore.

Since Sunbrella isn't supposed to shrink, the canvas guy believes it was the old plastic window material that had shrunk over time.
Rolling up the window portion used to be a pain in the past, but these new panels are easy and compact.
Loving the rear station cover. 4 snaps and it is secure.

Too many projects and trips, but finally ready to splash my 1800. Built a new barn last fall with a shed overhang to park the boat, then added a T-Top that folds down so I can get it under the roof. Made it through the winter great, but dirty.

Also bought a pressure washer last fall. Fired it up last Sunday. Two hours of pressure washing beats 8 hours of hand washing. It came out shining clean everywhere. Have to be careful about vinyl and how close the wand gets, don't ask me how I know. Real happy with the sparkle.

Great splash today, but not much time to test her. Leaving for Omaha at 16:21, have to pack and all. Brother-in-law will have it for the weekend.

Back