Spring prep is in full swing!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta love an old hull that shines line new. :)

IMG_7111.jpg

Good work Kev!

gw204":3b6t698z said:
Gotta love an old hull that shines line new. :)

That Sailfish is looking pretty sporty there too, and if I recall... your hull is about 3 years older than mine. :wink:

Remember what Porky looked like when we drug her home? :shock:
It's amazing what a lot of time, a little patience, some specialty tools, and multiple chemicals can do. :)

pelagic2530":28j6ylnm said:
my opinion is that any excessive sheen coming off of my hull may result in spooking the fish. i prefer to go with the non-waxed, dull look for purposes of stealth :lol: :lol: :wink:

I'm trying to look like a chrome 25' Tony to the fish. :mrgreen:

optimaxfish":1zzi2n3d said:
pelagic2530":1zzi2n3d said:
my opinion is that any excessive sheen coming off of my hull may result in spooking the fish. i prefer to go with the non-waxed, dull look for purposes of stealth :lol: :lol: :wink:

:lol: yep

"prepping for spring" def. "sharpening gaff and making new rigs" :wink:

you got it! :D or re-camo-ing the DuckHunter :lol: :wink:

optimaxfish":pjbezd51 said:
"prepping for spring" def. "sharpening gaff and making new rigs" :wink:

My rigs were prepared during our last cold and rainy weekend when I couldn't work on the boat.
This year I'm going with the Capt Wayne Morgans' trolling spread, so I prepared all new rigs and re-spooled the reels that needed it. :wink:

With the fishing gear done, the safety equipment upgraded, and the motor given a super-tune... all that is left is to finish the bottom paint job and then make her shine like the sun! 8)

pelagic2530":3iglxuep said:
whazzat? :? :?:

A local fishing charter here who fishes from a Parker 2520.

I attended a fishing seminar given by Wayne about a month ago at Tri-State Marine and decided to try and mirror his success. He catches fish consistently, so there must be something to his methods. :wink:

http://www.frayedknotfishing.com/

IMG_0237.JPG

You guys talk a good talk but I am ready to do some fishing and crabbing? It has been a long and cold winter and I know my boat is just waiting for me to put her in the water :roll: :?: 8) Lets raise are glasses for a tost too some good fishing this year and a safe one too. :lol:

I'm in LA this week and next week. May be a chance to splash the first week of Apr, but if I don't, then I'm back in LA for the second week of Apr. If that happens, then it will be mid-Apr this year (almost 45 days later than I normally get back into the water).

Dave

aka

optimaxfish":2fwwb0j3 said:
From his posts here, I'd reccomend the "B-Faithful Fishing Experience".

Greg has already been put on notice that I intend to outfish him this season while pulling 1/2 the amount of rods that he puts in the water. :wink:

Might not be hard to out-fish me this year Kev.... If my father doesnt get over this pnemonia that has now had him in the hopsital for the better part of a week and out of work for two weeks now, I may be running his business on the weekends instead of fishing :eek: (I am in NJ now)

Sorry to hear that Greg.
Good karma coming to you and your dad from the boatyard.

Sent from my Apple iPhone

Did my bottom last Wed,today I replaced my airmar 66 transducer and took off the shrink wrap.Two more nice days or so and I will be ready to splash. Once I splash I will be having my Garmin 4208, 18 HD dome installed.
If any of you guys were looking for some nice inshore bluefin rigs this guy from Sterling tackle had some quality 18" spreader bars for 39 bucks,great quality,can't wait to drag them behind the boat in June sometime.

Bottom paint is done.
Motor is done.
Hull is done.

Now, on to the topsides and interior.
One more good weather weekend should get me close to where I want to be.

DSCN0002.JPG

Looking GOOD there Captain.
I only wish that I was in the same time frame as you.
1- Weather too cold
2- Honet do list for spring
3- Yard work
Hopefully in 2 weeks the canvas will come off and all 3 of my sons can get it done in a weekend.

Wishful thinking.
Again looks great.
Tom

Lets see:

1. Replaced steering seastar steering pump on the outside helm and bled system. (That project sucked!)

2. Changed oil

3. Powerwashed bottom

4. Put two coats of Starbrite cleaner wax on hull

5. Cleaned Pilothouse

6. Changed Zincs

EVERY MUSCLE HURTS - (even those that I did not think I had)

Too Be Done

1. Apply Teflon Polish on hull (two coats)

2. Clean and Wax topsides (cleaner wax and teflon)

3. Touch up bottom paint (Micron CSC ultra - on bare spots)

One more nice weekend and I should be ready.

It is amazing it seems this time of year I have no friends, but when the Stripers show up in November and December....that is another story.

Back