Storage Ideas

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfish

Reaction score
Fellow Parker Owners:

I own a 2320. Love the boat! One thing I wish I had on the boat is more storage. Any ideas or pictures on how to get more storage inside or maybe even outside (?) of the boat. I have one little screw in tray on the inside of the door. What have you done to increase storage. Thanks in advance.

I hung up two storage hammocks up high on either side of the v-berth. They hold lots of misc stuff, (hats, sunscreen,first-aid kit, flares signal flags, etc.) and keeps things from molding because they have good air flow. here's a link.
:http://www.westmarine.com/search?text=storage+hammock

I actually use my v-berth (with the cushions removed) for most of my storage, and I put my gear in soft sided bags and milk crates.

Fishing gear? Plano boxes and tackle bags.
Dock lines? A nylon bag.
Extra rain suit and warm dry clothing including gloves, hats, and extra sunglasses? a gear bag.
Tow hawser, safety equipment, trash bags, zip-lock bags, toilet paper, fuel amendments, lunch hook... canvas or nylon bags.

I do use some plastic bins and storage boxes for things like manuals and charts.
My cleaning supplies are kept in a plastic milk carton.
Some of my gear is even stored in plastic 'cooler type' lunch totes.

Koozies are stored in racks on each side of the cabin.
Some of those koozies contain storage items other than cold drinks. :)

Point is, I save all sorts of storage and tote bags, bins and receptacles, for use on the boat.
I'm posting some photos of my storage items below to give you an idea...

Attachments

• 01 storage.jpg
    01 storage.jpg
    580.7 KB · Views: 557
  • 02 storage.jpg
    02 storage.jpg
    546.5 KB · Views: 553
  • 03 storage.jpg
    03 storage.jpg
    565 KB · Views: 552
  • 04 storage.jpg
    04 storage.jpg
    509.4 KB · Views: 551
  • 05 storage.jpg
    05 storage.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 551
  • 06 storage.jpg
    06 storage.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 551
  • 07 storage.jpg
    07 storage.jpg
    449.3 KB · Views: 551
  • 08 storage.jpg
    08 storage.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 552
  • 09 storage.jpg
    09 storage.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 553
  • 11 storage.jpg
    11 storage.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 555
  • 12 storage.jpg
    12 storage.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 557
Almost forgot. Not all storage is in the pilothouse.
Dock lines (think fuel dock) are stored inside the rear steering station, and my jump-start box is stored in the transom next to the oil tank.
Storage is everywhere...

Attachments

• 13 storage.jpg
    13 storage.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 541
The more I look through my photos, the more I find.

3 very sharp knives... all 'stored' mounted on velcro.
One on the side of my fish finder at the helm and two more in the rear of the cockpit, port and starboard.
Gerber tool and a small flashlight? Stored hanging on my fire extinguishers which are both stored using the outside handhold through bolts.

Does this give you any ideas? :)

Attachments

• 14 storage.jpg
    14 storage.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 549
  • 15 storage.jpg
    15 storage.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 546
  • 16 storage.jpg
    16 storage.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 17 storage.jpg
    17 storage.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 34
I've been looking into using a net type of storage solution similar to what twoboater is showing but in black and smaller. I want to hang it over the current storage on the starboard side from where the control cabling runs and down the hull side to use that space. I just ordered a life jacket bag to store where my porta potty is now since it's not been used now in a year. Currently I have some of them in the 2 lockers under the V-birth. I've also been looking at some of the starboard made storage drawers units that are out there to put behind the helm seat some day. I don't know if you have the newer 2320 with the different dash, but I added a starboard drink and storage box, pic attached. It's from "Deep Blue Marine". Here is a link to the type of storage bet that I've been looking at.
http://www.amazon.com/Rig-Rite-Manufact ... 0MHJTJCYS4

Storage on these smaller sport cabins is a little lacking. It can be solved with some creative effort though. Good luck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 410
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 415
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 410
I made six pad eyes out of teak and stainless eye bolts and epoxied them in two rows (top and bottom; port, middle and starboard) to the slanted "front" of the cabin (the v-shaped part for lack of a better description) and strung bungees between them to store my type 1 life jackets. Also room up there for rain gear, blankets and towels. Athwartships across the cabin top I have two 6' gaffs stored. Under the vberth cushions where the portapotty used to be is my life raft, rigged with a quick release strap made from a diver's weight belt. There's a few other little things mounted here and there, but overall I'm lucky, I have the 2530 and thus some additional storage under the bench seats. Not sure how I'd get by without that.

Back