Stripers in the James

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coachbob

Reaction score
Got out today for the first time since we finished our football season. :D Caught 6 keepers and one 20 inch flounder while wire-lining-- that was a real surprise, but it ate real good. Caught 5 of the stripers throwing to structure and points on the incoming tide. No big fish but 19 to 23 inch size. Wish I had a camera, but it was nice to fine some fish. I still believe the best bay fishing is ahead as the water temp. cools. :!:

I'm in the process of preparing the boat for the trip to Little Creek. Will be down there on 13 Dec. Can't wait for the CBBT and/or HRBT...especially at night under the lights.

Dave

aka

Dave,
Remember that on Dec. 1oth there is a one fish limit with a no-keep slot 28-32. If you go pass the Cape Henry line you fall under ocean regs and you can keep 2 fish per man. I hope to get out a couple of times before the 10th. Check the fishing report from the 'Pilot' by going to hamptonroads.com under sports.
Let me know if I can help.
Bob(coachbob)

coachbob":1vu0im16 said:
Dave,
Remember that on Dec. 1oth there is a one fish limit with a no-keep slot 28-32. If you go pass the Cape Henry line you fall under ocean regs and you can keep 2 fish per man. I hope to get out a couple of times before the 10th. Check the fishing report from the 'Pilot' by going to hamptonroads.com under sports.
Let me know if I can help.
Bob(coachbob)

You can get into a problem if you transport ocean fish through the 1 fish limit area.

Here's the deal: If you launch from inside the territorial sea line (Cape Henry Light to the other light at the north end of the CBBT) you can fish all you want, but once you keep a fish that is under 28 inches you must stay inside that line. If you keep a fish larger than 34 inches you can still go out to the coastal zone and fish for another keeper over 28". Once you make the journey over the line into the ocean WITH fish over 28 inches you must not stop to fish when returning back through the bay. Confused yet?

The moral of the story is to decide where it is you want to keep fish and fish there. Just don't stop when transiting the bay after fishing the coastal area successfully. The authorities will sometimes watch you with binoc's if you come back in and drop lines. Remember that you can keep two over 28 inches in the coastal zone but don't go more than 3 miles from the shoreline.

See what happens when the lawyers and politicians get their hands on legislating sporting regulations? Next thing you know they'll be grabbing license fees for use in the state general budget fund to offset other social program costs ... oh wait, they already are!

OOOOPS!!! I didn't intend for this to become a political rant! My apologies.

Back