Student Boat Building Project. BROCKWAY SCOW

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carlysized.jpg

OK, finally got our class out on the boat.

In the pictures we are taking students out and dredging oysters on grounds that date back to colonial times as far as harvesting them, obviously the oysters were there before that but it points to the history of our area.

If you watch the entire slide show, over 70 pics you can also see purple bags which are loaded wit 26 thousand seed hardshell clams that the students broadcast into various areas of town waters.

Also you can see that the 25 hp motor we had on here gave up the ghost and we had to be towed in, later we found out it was a head gasket. So this winter we are going to try and find funding for a brand new 70 hp something.

All in all a good day and start of a good program, the kids loved it.

I guess the slideshow didn't work, here are some of the pics.

Attachments

• PA290626.jpg
    PA290626.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 483
  • PA290610.jpg
    PA290610.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 483
  • PA290605.jpg
    PA290605.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 483
  • PA290577.jpg
    PA290577.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 483
Awesome! Congratulations... but those sneakers aren't going to cut it on the water in the cold.
They need some white pimp boots!

web.jpg

True, but she is out now for the winter.

Putting on a used 85 Suzuki 2 stroker in the next few weeks, got to take it off the whaler it is currently on.

More pics.

Attachments

• PA290569.jpg
    PA290569.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 481
  • PA290576.jpg
    PA290576.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 481
  • PA290587.jpg
    PA290587.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 947
  • PA290628.jpg
    PA290628.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 481
  • PA290630.jpg
    PA290630.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 481
You should be very proud of that boat, and of your students.
Awesome project! 8)

Bext looking Brockway I've ever seen. Bought my 16' from Mr Earl B. 42 yrs ago. I want to build the 20' scow but I can't get the plans from the school.
I think Susan is trying to obtain them for me at this time.
Parttime

All I can tell you is she is an employe of the Sound school.

If no plans are available I guess I'll go by eye as well.

Yeah, Visel was bugging me for the plans of this one so we could publish them, but I never wrote any.

We are on to the next project anyway, a 20' skiff with a V bottom. :D

Thanks for the input on the plans.

Have you considered a deep v bow with reverse hard chines for your skiff? Should keep some of the flat bottom stability of the scow
and still cut through a heavy chop.

That should be very stable, shallow and a lot better ride than the flat bottom. I'll definately wait for your results before I start building my boat.

I wouldn't do that, students work slow. :D

The Scow project took 2 years from start to finish. LOL

I understand. Guess I had better get busy. Please keep your project info coming. Very interesting.

The ITEEA award is one of the highest honors given to technology and engineering classroom teachers.

Congratulations!!
That is one heck of an achievement! 8)

Back