T-Top canvas replacement

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meat Without Feet

Reaction score
I'm thinking about replacing the canvas with a 1/2" sheet of Starboard or Seaboard. Probably just thru bolting it to the tube around the perimeter. A 54" wide sheet will work perfectly.

Has anybody ever done this ? Seems like it should work out. Just wondering if there are any downsides.

I would think that if you use Starboard it is going to add a lot of weight to the boat (top heavy weight). There are a lot of alternatives out there that may be better for that application. You may want to check on Azak or Superboard, they are a lot lighter and I know Superboard would be able to bend for the arch in the top, it is already fiberglassed over so you could have it painted.

optimaxfish":1qia2pbv said:
Who made the T-Top?
not sure. the dealership had it fabricated.

As far as the material to replace the canvas, I thought about Azek too but it's only available in 48" width and I really don't want to fuse 2 pieces together. Azek is kinda heavy too. Komacell would be my preferred choice but can't get it wider than 48" in 1/2 (13mm) .

Weight is definitely a factor because I want to add outriggers this season.

I am not sure what size Penske Board comes in but that is another choice for you. It is very strong and light, it would be a perfect choice if you can use it. I am doing some work on the forward deck of my boat and managed to get some from a local boatyard. Check around as there are a lot of choices out there now.

http://www.hartsupply.com/whats_new.htm
Hart Supply Co. Hingham, MA
This supply house has starboard in big sheets at dirt cheap prices. they also have new router service for cut and shape. made a nice hatch for my old boat and didn't pay anything like the silly prices I see for starboard in stores. They might carry other materials as well(bullet proof glass, just a thought for new side curtains) or could get something in . Let me know has this turns out as one day I would like to lose the canvas and go hard top too.

nice boat!! thanks for the info, will add to my to do list. I have the key west stylle :wink: top so shipping might be tuff. excuse to troll south maybe

Does anyone have any experience using Komatex, to replace a canvas top? If so, which thickness was used and how did you attach to frame?

Thanks

Back