T top install

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firerider4

Reaction score
Just bought a 23se without a T Top. Im starting to think it may not be as easy as I thought it would be to add one. Im a bit nervous they are fastened to the deck before the cap is attached to the hull. Obviously I cannot install that way.Does anyone have any recommendations or have a good method of installation?? Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_0750.jpg
    IMG_0750.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 270
A Lot of places fust screw them down with dabs of 5200.

That is not a good way to do it. They will shake loose.

for your situation.......The best was is to cut access hole inside the console....This should allow access for backing washers and nuts on a threaded fastener. Those holes will then be covered with a custom plate you make.

Thank you both for the feed back. So my question now is. Do you think I would be able to cut a hole centered inside the center console and be able to reach the legs to put the screws in? Also Im wondering if there will be foam to chip out or the chance of stringers being in the way. If anyone has a pic the inside of there center console showing the access hatch for mounting the top Id love to see one.
Ryder Racks in Wilmington makes the tops for parker. Im gonna call them in the morning about ordering one and am hopeful they can help with some install directions too. Doing the work isn't gonna be a problem for me I just want to make sure I do it correctly.
Thanks!!

Do you think I would be able to cut a hole centered inside the center console and be able to reach the legs to put the screws in?

Probably Not. Depends on how big of a hole you put in....Depends on how much room is in there. Putting a hole in the center......your going to have to get your whole arm in there. If you can?

I cut holes in boats all the time for access.

I spoke with Holden this morning at High speed welding. This is the company that does the tops for Parker in Wilmington. He's gonna build the top for me and install. He says the tops are made so the legs bolt directly to the stringers with lags and 5200 and the attachments points on the console are done with through bolts with washers. Looks like there is no need to cut in a inspection plate under the console. Ill post some pics when she's done.

firerider4":9hx42qze said:
I spoke with Holden this morning at High speed welding. This is the company that does the tops for Parker in Wilmington. He's gonna build the top for me and install. He says the tops are made so the legs bolt directly to the stringers with lags and 5200 and the attachments points on the console are done with through bolts with washers. Looks like there is no need to cut in a inspection plate under the console. Ill post some pics when she's done.

I bought a 23 DVCC without a T-top knowing that I would have one built.

I had a welder in Sarasota build me one. He has a stellar reputation (he builds for Yellowfin, Calcutta and Beavertail). He installed the top and used the same method that "High Speed Welding" described to you. The top has 4 "feet" attached to the deck which are screwed and 5200'ed. And there are 4 attachment points to the console which are through-bolted.

Yes .... it's nice to through-bolt to the deck but not absolutely necessary especially if you need to drill 4 - 6" holes into the deck.

Don't over-think. Don't over worry.

Just keep and eye on the 4 attachment points where the legs attach to the deck. Make sure that all screws remain tight and no signs of loosening.

Attachments

• Resized 2.jpg
    Resized 2.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_7544.JPG
    IMG_7544.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_7636.JPG
    IMG_7636.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 172
I have a model year 2000 23DVCC. When I bought it years ago I noticed that the t-top was not original to the boat. Was made by the Gore family out of NC. Very nicely done. As the above posts, thru bolted to anchor points on the console and screwed into the stringers. I've had the boat a long time and no sign of issues at all. We have even attached a block and tackle to it to haul in 200# tuna.

firerider4":1a119yxz said:

My 2017 has the same set up from High Speed Welding from the factory.
No issues so far but it has only been fished 2 seasons.

Looks like you’ve made your decision, but if I had to do it all over again, I would never screw anything to or through the deck. I would cherish the factory deck as it will last forever. The holes for my T-top/tower eventually leaked and allowed water to seep into the deck substrate. Now I have to replace my floor. After I remove my top and replace my floor I will use umbrellas in my vertical rod holders for shade.
ffabb9f018ffaad5876c808b650e0b90.jpg
639aad6c8ab4d06300b92e2dfb20da33.jpg
b0a4499133204e6ccd2bc268073a9bbd.jpg
f06d91b5be6f9b0090ae48875d5d65ef.jpg
dce6e112b5e59d0678559e89b5dfa8f9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back