The Sad Saga Continues...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they should give you a new engine and be done with it.Bottom line now is that you will probably always be wary of this engine and never truely trust it.
This story is about as sad as my ruptured quadricep tendon :oops:

I get a sad sick feeling just reading about your troubles. I can only imagine how it all makes you feel.

I must give you credit for your calm reporting of your saga. Most boaters who have problems like this are ranting by now and threatening lawsuits. You on the other hand have been the perfect gentleman.

I would hope that some gentle pressure on Yamaha and possibly even a letter or two to Parker will result in a new engine.

Hang in there and keep the reports coming.

Richard

My father's fishing buddy has twin f250's and got a new engine after a power head replacement and another failure. He did have to threaten a law suit and sign something that said he wouldnt discuss it but he did get a new engine. The other engine did have a power head replacement due to a "making oil" problem. Of course these were first year f250's that he waited on. It may be time to start pushing hard on the Yam rep... Sorry to hear you havent been able use the boat as you intended. Good luck!

Good point on the letters to Parker.I'd be screaming new engine,and pressure from Parker might lead to that.
Good business sense if Parker does step in and help out. :wink:

A couple of weeks ago I emailed Robin Parker about the problems I was having and she said to let her know if the problem was not resolved. I sent her a copy of my most recent post to this board. A little nudge from Parker might make Yamaha more responsive.

Mark,

We all feel your pain and understand the frustration, disapointment, and now...lack of trust in your new motor.

I do hope that Parker steps up on this. I don't see how they couldn't help you. Since you do not have a choice of motors when you buy a Parker, they should resolve this problem without any more stress on you. this boat should be trouble free for years...that's why we spend the money to buy NEW boats.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Dave

Seneca Lake Dave":3rfay2g9 said:
Mark,

We all feel your pain and understand the frustration, disapointment, and now...lack of trust in your new motor.

I do hope that Parker steps up on this. I don't see how they couldn't help you. Since you do not have a choice of motors when you buy a Parker, they should resolve this problem without any more stress on you. this boat should be trouble free for years...that's why we spend the money to buy NEW boats.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Dave

GREAT POINT. Since Parker forces you to only have the choice of Yam, they should be more than willing to step up to the plate in this case. This should be an advantage for those who choose a manufacturer who only gives one choice of a brand of motor.

I don't know that Parker forces you to have only Yamaha. I bought a Parker new and had the dealer rig it with an Evinrude. I have also seen Parkers with Mercs.

This thread is drifting faster than a Carolina Skiff with a pilot house on it, in 15-20k breeze :D

We start out with a guy with a serious problem. DaleH reports all engine manufacturers have bulletins warning about bad fuel/fuel system problems. andertonm (who is in the fuel business) quotes state auditor "(incorect ethanol mix) is a problem statewide".

Yamaha's site has info about MTBE, E-85, and Ethanol under Faqs, Service and Maint.

Even so, it appears Yamaha either has or will replace @ no charge every part on the problem motor that has a bolt head.

What would one expect Yamaha/Parker/Pres Bush/or even Hillery Clinton to do further?

Replace the motor? With what? Remember, so far the problem seems to be bad fuel? Replace the hull? OK, that would fix it (along with the new motor), until bad fuel showed up again. I got it...a Nationwide Health Insurance Program would solve everything. :D

I'm suprised no one has suggested testing fuel in tank or making motor repairs and running off a temp tank. Did your boat come with the new Yamaha 10 micron filter?

You wouldn't happen to have one of those aftermarket T-Tops? You know, the ones without a radio box or king rod holders would you? :lol:

Following is today's status that I posted to Robin this evening:

Thanks Robin. This afternoon I went on a test drive with Anthony, the Yamaha regional tech who had come to town specifically to work on our boat. He apparently spent two days working with our local tech trying to resolve the problem. They replaced all of the fuel injectors (for the second time) and found a bad spark plug (all of which were replaced a few weeks ago). They also played with props - he said they tried six different props - and when they found the best pitch, they installed a Saltwater Series prop, at no charge, I guess. Best part was that he acknowledged that the motor was missing badly and, when he was done, it was not. On our test run it performed impressively. Time will tell if it will continue to do so. He had a performance report from Parker in hand and all of the numbers matched the boat's actual performance.

Our confidence in the motor has been shaken by all of this and I feel like the motor has had a tough time for the first 25 or so hours of its life. It will take a while to feel like we can venture offshore with grandkids, etc.

But make no mistake, we love this boat. It's a gem. Keep up the good work and thanks for your help.

Mark Anderton

I appreciate the ongoing support of this board. It's helpful to have sympathetic ears listening. I'm disappointed that the tech could not identify a "silver bullet" that fixed the problem, but you take what you can get. Now I'm going to go fishing. One of our top charter captains told me today he caught 15 red drum in an hour and forty five minutes last night.

Thanks,

Great News!

Curious as to which prop they settled on.

Sounds like you'll be making a trip over this way to the 9 foot shoal!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Richard

Glad to hear that she is running strong Mark!

It sounds like everyone stepped up to find a solution.
I'm sure that the whole CP family has it's collective fingers crossed that the bugs have been squashed for good.

Now go catch some fish. :wink:

Glad to hear you are back in action!

One way to get confidence in the motor..... Put some hours on her! :D

Mark:

I am glad to hear the issue is resolved.

I was thinking that one way to again restore confidence in the motor would be to simply change your perception of what happened.

For instance, when I buy something (anything) new, especially cars/trucks and boats, I automatically assume that it is not put together right. I drive my wife crazy because I will literally take what ever it is apart, check for missing or misaligned parts, make adjustments and then put it back together with a torque wrench. In my mind, no one can build it better than I can. It is a disease, I know.

In this case, you have probably ended up with the most precisely aligned, adjusted, torqued, and efficient F 225 on the planet. Because of all the special attention, the damn thing will probably last forever.

jim

That's a very positive outlook - and the one I'm going to adopt. It's summertime and I'm going to enjoy my boat. Thanks for the support!

Mark,

Do you have the standard 3 year warranty on the motor. If so ask Robin if Parker will extend your warranty to 6 years at no charge since so many things have had to be changed on it. Its a try and if you get it that would be great and it would give you a little more confidence in the engine.

OT

The engine is a Yamaha, not a Parker. If he wants to try to get an extension on the warranty he needs to talk with Yamaha. That said, why would Yamaha be willing to extend a warranty on a brand new engine which has been corrected under the orginal warranty?

When you have warranty issues with a nea car or truck do you ask the manufacturer to extend the warranty an additional X number of years? I know Ford, GM, etc. would laugh at you if you did. What is the difference between a marine manufacturer and an automobile manufacturer?

Many manufacturers package hulls with engines, but run away and point fingers at the OB manuf. when things go wrong.

I'm sorry, but Parker has an obligation to make things right. Remember, he bought a BOAT from Parker, not just a hull.

John_Madison CT":1oslslus said:
Many manufacturers package hulls with engines, but run away and point fingers at the OB manuf. when things go wrong.

I'm sorry, but Parker has an obligation to make things right. Remember, he bought a BOAT from Parker, not just a hull.

I doubt very much he bought the BOAT from Parker. I would bet he bought the boat from a DEALER. Parker Warrantees the hull and Yamaha has the responsibility on the engine. Pretty simple if you ask me. BTW, Parker DOES NOT force you to buy a Yamaha. I have a Parker, which I bought new, and I have an Evinrude on it.

Back