The Sad Saga Continues...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JWL":10qhy8pn said:
John_Madison CT":10qhy8pn said:
Many manufacturers package hulls with engines, but run away and point fingers at the OB manuf. when things go wrong.

I'm sorry, but Parker has an obligation to make things right. Remember, he bought a BOAT from Parker, not just a hull.

I doubt very much he bought the BOAT from Parker. I would bet he bought the boat from a DEALER. Parker Warrantees the hull and Yamaha has the responsibility on the engine. Pretty simple if you ask me. BTW, Parker DOES NOT force you to buy a Yamaha. I have a Parker, which I bought new, and I have an Evinrude on it.

When did you buy your boat? I was told by a Parker rep in Feb '06 that Yamaha is the ONLY motor available.

Seneca Lake Dave":eotl7h9i said:
JWL":eotl7h9i said:
John_Madison CT":eotl7h9i said:
Many manufacturers package hulls with engines, but run away and point fingers at the OB manuf. when things go wrong.

I'm sorry, but Parker has an obligation to make things right. Remember, he bought a BOAT from Parker, not just a hull.

I doubt very much he bought the BOAT from Parker. I would bet he bought the boat from a DEALER. Parker Warrantees the hull and Yamaha has the responsibility on the engine. Pretty simple if you ask me. BTW, Parker DOES NOT force you to buy a Yamaha. I have a Parker, which I bought new, and I have an Evinrude on it.

When did you buy your boat? I was told by a Parker rep in Feb '06 that Yamaha is the ONLY motor available.

I believe the dealer has to be willing to take the boat with a Yamaha and make the switch. This is not a widespread practice but it always comes up.

Richard

Reads to me that the tech may have determined that the motor was over-propped. Maybe it was lugging and carbon was building up on the injectors and plugs.

What was your WOT rpm before the prop change and after?

Back