"There goes my baby, moving on down the line"

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burtona

Reaction score
New owner driving away with my Parker 21SE.
Hope he enjoys it as much as I have.
Now I got to get my "New Baby" outfitted the way I want.

Carolina Skiff 178 DLV, Yamaha 90

Attachments

• parker-21-004.JPG
    parker-21-004.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 647
Actually, I kept the same average size. I sold the 21 Parker and a J-14 Carolina Skiff and bought the 17 Skiff. Average length is the same!
The real reason is that I usually fish by myself and at my age I just don't feel comfortable going offshore alone any more. Also, I've gotten to like the inshore fishing more and I can do that easier in the Skiff, and also fish close in the ocean for Bluefish, Spanish Mackeral and the inshore artificial reefs when I want. Skiff will be easier to handle launching and loading by myself too.

I can really appreciate your thinking!
Having retired,, cutting expenses, trailering, staying close is what put me in a 18' Parker for now.
Second guessing,,, wonder if I should of gone aluminum? (probably not)
Figuring fuel will not stay @ $2.00/gal. very long.
Running solo, don't need that much room most of the time, operating convienance / expense all played a factor.

I've experienced the feeling of a close friend being towed away by a new owner, and wondering if he would take care of her as I did. :(

I hope you told the new owner about CP!

New owner is already a CP member. That's how we got together. I'm pretty sure he will take care of her just fine.

Burtona":1inli8lz said:
New owner is already a CP member. That's how we got together. I'm pretty sure he will take care of her just fine.

Good deal! :wink:

Nice pic Dave! Can't wait to get her the way I want and post another pic, but it will probably be a few weeks. I need to sell the T-top 1st. Hope you don't mind if I use the pics you sent. BTW, the tank only took 22 gallons, so she as fuller than we thought. A Pleasant surprise. If your interested in the book, its www.ptrf.org

Peter

Latest posts

Back