Thru-hull locations on 2300DVCC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seamammal

Reaction score
I’m looking for some help. I’m looking at options of installing a flush mount thru-hull transducer and wanted to ask where people drilled through their holes. I would think the flat portion right at the transom would be a good spot, but I wanted to see other locations people drilled.

I have a 2013 DVCC and I installed a 1 kW transducer on the port side about 18" forward for the livewell/washdown intake and slightly farther from the keel. The transducer works well at all speeds without interference and the intake works fine as well.

I would not use the delta pad for a through-hull transducer. It will introduce turbulence just forward of the prop and possibly interfere with cooling flow. That location would also act to block the inside of the garboard drain plug.

Are you able to access the spot from the bilge? I am in the 2005 model and I’m not sure I can access that spot from inside.

At that point, you are at the flatter portion of the deadrise, right? Do you know which degree tilt transducer you ordered?

I installed a transducer with a 20 degree tilt. I had to drill a hole through the bilge shelf as well as through the hull. The batteries on my boat are in the console so the bilge is wide open.

IMG_1957.jpeg

mine is installed about the same as captmatt. 2006 2300DV

Attachments

• IMG_9435.JPEG
    IMG_9435.JPEG
    597.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9433.JPEG
    IMG_9433.JPEG
    582.6 KB · Views: 3
2320 here (same hull). I took the factory installed B60 out and put a B175HW in there. Starboard side about 12" from the transom, tilted element. If you install structure scan eventually, there are features that work best when the two transducers are close together. I will get a few pictures tomorrow, inside and out.

Screenshot_20230613-121626-894.png

2320 here (same hull). I took the factory installed B60 out and put a B175HW in there. Starboard side about 12" from the transom, tilted element. If you install structure scan eventually, there are features that work best when the two transducers are close together. I will get a few pictures tomorrow, inside and out.

View attachment 37095
This is very helpful, I am going with 1KW HW Chirp, and a struture/ side scan

Back