Trailer Storage

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all.
I launch my 2320 SL in the Spring and haul out in the late Fall, so my EZ loader trailer sits out in the sun the entire summer.
What do folks recommend as far as maintenance? Worried that the sunlight will eventually degrade the rollers.
I searched "roller covers" and "trailer covers" and came up empty, so thinking that covering the trailer is overkill?
Thanks is advance for the advice!

I have a bunker trailer that's used 2x a year. I cover the tires and spare with bags. I also cover the winch. You could cover your rollers with anything you have around the house. Old string bags work well.

Hello all.
I launch my 2320 SL in the Spring and haul out in the late Fall, so my EZ loader trailer sits out in the sun the entire summer.
What do folks recommend as far as maintenance? Worried that the sunlight will eventually degrade the rollers.
I searched "roller covers" and "trailer covers" and came up empty, so thinking that covering the trailer is overkill?
Thanks is advance for the advice!
I have a new (2020) trailer that is used only for hurricane haul-outs. It has not been used in nearly 2 years. It's kept outside as I have no where 'inside' to store it. I have pressure-treated 2x12 boards flat on the ground under the tires, and have covers over mostly the entire trailer. Particularly the 4 tires, fenders, runners/bunks and winch area are covered. My concern right now are the brakes. They look rusty. I'm wondering if there is something I should be doing with the brakes?? The trailer has not even been moved in nearly two years.

They look rusty. I'm wondering if there is something I should be doing with the brakes??

That is the fastest part to give you problems. Brakes will go to Hell quick when not used. And Not much you can do about it.

Jack it up and put the frame on blocks so tires and brakes are farther away from moisture? Spray the heck out of everything, including brakes, with some water based protector? Hell, I would spray WD-40 all over the brake rotors too. Hit them with brakleen before first use.

Back