Trailer wanted

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMD

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a used trailer - roller - that will work for a 25' parker. Something around 8400 gvw. Most people are towing with too light of trailers. I am not looking for a $4500 used trailer (might as well buy new) Thanks guys

DMD":24vhrqeg said:
Most people are towing with too light of trailers.

And with an 8400 lb. GVWR roller trailer under a 25' Parker, you would be one of them. A galvanized roller trailer capable of handling that size boat will weigh approx. 2000 lbs., so that leaves 6,400 for your boat, motor(s), fuel, gear, etc. Not enough considering just the hull is probably 5300 lbs.

I have a 10,200 lb. GVWR aluminum trailer under my 25' Grady Sailfish. It weights 1500 lbs. so that gives me 8,700 lbs. of carrying capacity. And believe me, when loaded down, I need it.

Brian pulled my 2520 MVSC several times when I first bought it, and he would be the first to tell you that my boat didn't get the nickname "Porky" by accident. :)

yes agree, not to mention the boat has twins on it. I see these guys using 7400# trailers to pull these boats. Just want to be under 10000 for cdl requirements

Back