transducer antifouling paint

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
I don't put any on the bottom and have put std ablative AF on the sides and tops (transom mounts) for many, many years. Zero issues.

I forget what it's called, but it comes in a very small, white plastic jar with blue lettering. Attached to the cap is a small brush (too small IMO). I just dump some in a plastic cup and use a sponge brush from there.
It's water based, anti fouling paint for transducers. I've had good luck with it over the years. Most marine stores have it.

TimC2520":3q0gdo5z said:
I forget what it's called, but it comes in a very small, white plastic jar with blue lettering. Attached to the cap is a small brush (too small IMO). I just dump some in a plastic cup and use a sponge brush from there.
It's water based, anti fouling paint for transducers. I've had good luck with it over the years. Most marine stores have it.

I have a bottle somewhere Dan if you want it ...

West Marine

Called

Transducer Paint
MDR Waterbase anti-fouling
with Brush-In-Cap

It's a small bottle white with blue lettering. I put on 2 coats and seems to work fine. Forgot what I paid for it. Hope this helps. Glad you brought the question back to the top. Sometimes, posts get missed on the first go around.

FWIW, on my 18 I never put on the ducer paint, I have a lowrance ducer that has a seam. Barnacles grew in the seam and over time actually are cracking the ducer open. I'll take a pic when I get a chance.

Back