transom additions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plastikosmd

Reaction score
so my 2001 2520 has the full transom/w bracket. on the 'newer' models, Parker has made use of some space in the stern to put some boxes/fish box/?live well in(above where my batteries are currently) I am looking for options in utilizing this space.

From what I see, I could add a few rod holders, that is plus minus..the bonus of this, would be the ease of tossing a bbq on the rear for those times we want to do that via rod mount..or say some form of bait board/cutting board (will make separate thread about them, i wanna see what u guys got)

Second option would be to make one large..or a a couple cutouts add some form of basin/hatch for storage, small live well etc.

anyone got any pics of what they have done?

i love my transom rodholders. righ now, i have 2, but if i had it to do over again i'd sink 3 or possibly 4 in there, run the 2 outside medium distance in the spread and the 2 middle ones at different long center rigger positions. that said, storage is also nice, but youre talking alot of surgery there. you could probably combine the two by installing big hatches in the inside cockpit bulkhead, and accessing the compartment that way.

thx, somethin to think about..tho leanin toward a top open box. maybe 2 boxes with 3 rod holders, port/center/starboard with a box on either side of center...ponder

Back