Transom Fish box removal

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhendric

Reaction score
Folks, this is related to my last post regarding the oil tanks. I would like to remove the fish box in the transom when I work on the oil tanks to provide more space to work. It looks like that box is screwed and sealed with 5200.

Can anyone speak to the difficulty of removing that fishbox?

I have a Transom Mounted Fish Box on my 2530 and I did remove it some time ago to insulate it.

It was pretty hard to get it off. I wound up using a very sharp, flexible fillet knife to cut the silicone seal all the way around before I started try to pry it up. Be careful prying it up as the lip could chip a little which happened to me.

Good luck.

Blue - do you have any pics of that?? I was half toying with the idea of maybe removing mine and making a deeper one to use as a livewell. I looked at it quick and would probalby have to move a few things but I think it is doable.

BTW mine has some foam sprayed on it from the factory and is only about 12" deep. I assume you have the same thing?

Bryan,

I don't have any pictures of the fish box but it sounds like you have the same one.

That would be an ideal spot for a live well but it may be too narrow to keep Bunker alive. Herring would probably be okay if you made it 24" deep.

Brian

Back