transom replacement cost?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pboettger

Reaction score
I'm thinking the conventional notched transom on my 1990 25 cc will be fine for a couple more years, but some little things are making me think that it may need replacement in the next 3-4 years. Any ball park figures or ranges on what it should cost for someone to do a competent job? Thanks.

Peter Boettger
Greenville, NC

Cost will vary greatly depending on who does it, how it's done and what products are used. You could be looking at a $1500 to $4000 range.

Ah.......A little higher $5000 and as said....Depends on materials. For example...The top of the line core material....1 1/2in Coosa - 26lb density is $450 for a sheet.

Are you gonna derig the boat? That makes a bunch of difference.

Ouch, guys! Warthog, not sure exactly what you mean by "derig", but I'm assuming everything and anything associated with the transom or in close proximity will have to be taken apart and set aside, then put back. Since I am a minimalist it will be very basic stuff. Thanks for the responses.

Yes...Remove motor, Remove trim tabs, Remove Scuppers , Remove D rings/ tow Rings....There is all kinds of crap that's in the way.

Back