Truck advise

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
warthog5":1e1xttzh said:
I also wish it had a larger fuel tank and the brakes are $$$

How Big is the fuel tank on that truck?

I just ordered MY 1st brand new vehicle.

'15 F150 XLT S/Cab, 3.5 Ecoboost, 3:55 Elec Lock, rated at 11,700 towing. Got the Max tow package. 36gal tank, Ruby Red

Nice truck warthog! Now thats a pulling mule for sure. Yea I want to see some pic too.
Enjoy.

The only problem I ever had with my Ram was one time the turbo went out.
Now that was super fun but thank goodness buy boat wasn't attached.

Attachments

• Pulling mule.jpg
    Pulling mule.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 561
B-Faithful":4fl4bdar said:
gw204":4fl4bdar said:
Your 2120 weights 8000 lbs with the trailer? Holy sh*t!!!! :shock:

I have sort of a different opinion than most others when it comes to towing. I pushed my old '03 Ram gasser right to the limit of it's 10,800 lb. capacity with a 25' Grady Sailfish. Most of my trips were fairly short but I did do one 400 miler. Not once did I ever feel like I needed more truck.

I got better mileage than B-Faithful too... :D

I got 8.98 mpgs hand calculated on my most recent trip. I kept it at ~60mph and was easier on the acceleration. This is running from Annapolis to Point Lookout MD with all the lights on rt2&4. The tundra 5.7l 396hp motor and 4.30 rear doesnt help mileage for sure.

I kind of remembering getting under 7mpgs towing my old Maycraft to the CBBT with that Hemi. (and being def by the time we got there :lol: )

I think I got just over 10mpgs when I towed my boat with my dad's duramax. Of course his truck has leveling kit too though (for towing his 5th wheel

I get a solid 8 MPG when I hook my boat behind Tundra. I get about 17-19 on a trip without it though. It has all the power to pull it but the mileage take a plunge. When I hook up my RV (about 9800 #) it drops to a steady 6 MPG. I wish it had a bigger tank too. I can't wait for Toyota to come out with the diesel powered Tundra.

Steve

B-Faithful":p6hbxc8m said:
warthog5":p6hbxc8m said:

'15 F150 XLT S/Cab, 3.5 Ecoboost, 3:55 Elec Lock, rated at 11,700 towing. Got the Max tow package. 36gal tank, Ruby Red

congrats on the new truck.

I am not sure how big the tank is but the fuel light comes on at about 21 gal. This means I cannot tow to Point Look Maryland or Ocean City from Annapolis and back without stopping for fuel before the light comes on. I wish it had a 36gal tank. That is great for towing!

Stock it's 23gal.....Upcharge of $195 to go to 36gal...

Congrats warthog5!

Andy at SIM has a 2013 EB and said he loved it the last time I talked to him. My dealer ordered one for me despite me telling 'em I was happy with my '10 SCREW with max tow and the 5.4. Its supposed to be in Monday. I looked at a RAM 1500 diesel, but thought it spec'd a little light for my uses.

Well, I just back from the scales, The 05 Ram Diesel weighs 6800 w 1/2 tank fuel and me in it, The boat and trailer , 100 gals of fuel , 9.9 kicker and 150hp Yamaha weighs 6840 pounds, that is without electronics and gear, Total on the scale was 13,640

Wow! Still exceeded my guess with all by a good 700 lbs. I didnt know you had the kicker, but still.. :shock: I only use Marina gas so as to avoid the ethanol. I always fuel when I put in and I only put in what I need for my time in water for that outing. This usually results with me hauling out and therefore back in next trip with my safety margin of fuel which is about 20 to 30 gallons. This keeps my weight down about 450 lbs and old fuel to a minimum. We're pretty close to the same engine weight since you have that 9.9 kicker. I have a lot of tools and gear so I guess I should figure I'm a good 6400 lbs. When I purchased mine, I brought it back to Beaufort, NC from Lowell, MA with a friends 2002 Chevy Tahoe that was rated for 7,900. It did ok but for that long haul thru all the traffic I dealt with, it was pushing it. Thanks for doing the scaling, you have given us some good info on true trailering weight.

I fill it at the Marina too, I just do not like leaving air space in the tank, Air collects moisture, I add Yamaha stabilizer and treatment too, and if we have a major power outage there is 100 gallons of fuel for my generators, Just for giggles I am going to weigh everything I put back in, tools, tackle, rods, you name it will be weighed.

I think we could start a separate thread on if you should store full or empty. I think the answer is, it depends?? I also add a bunch of SeaFoam, Stabil and the usual Yamalube. I very highly treat the fuel I leave in. I go the other way on the fuel level but your situation is different than mine, not to mention the generator. I just put mine up yesterday and will be back out again on it before March is over so it doesn't sit very long. When I put back in my I'll burn first batch of fresh fuel then change out the fuel water separator filter. Our weather is fairly moderate and the 75 days or so let's me get away with this strategy. Repost what you find out all of your stuff weighs when you do that in the spring, that will be interesting.

Pnltbox":6yhv1spg said:
Just for giggles I am going to weigh everything I put back in, tools, tackle, rods, you name it will be weighed.

Get ready for the surprise. :wink:

Ok so 6 friends own F150 e/b none get better than 18.5mpg I like them a lot. I have a 2006 F350 4wd 6.0 diesel with 76000mi was thinking of upgrading, but my truck is not a daily driver so $35-$50k is not worth the money. I have a 2320 that I pull a 2horse& 4horse 5th wheeler a 7'x12' dump loaded 8500# I get 10.8 towing 14.7 city/hwy. I want to get a new truck some one convince me :|

B-Faithful":3e6x1y3v said:
warthog5":3e6x1y3v said:

congrats on the new truck.

I am not sure how big the tank is but the fuel light comes on at about 21 gal. This means I cannot tow to Point Look Maryland or Ocean City from Annapolis and back without stopping for fuel before the light comes on. I wish it had a 36gal tank. That is great for towing!
Think an 05 Tundra has a 26 gal. tank, maby 26.5 (in manual) and mine has a 4.7 motor ( 270 something H.P.) and pulls 1801 at 60 mph and get around 12.

Speaking of Fuel mileage in general...Do you know how they get those numbers on the window sticker that no one can seem to get?

Non Ethanol Fuel!

Yep that's right..... When Odumbo was saying put air in your tires....Yes it helps, but not near as much as better fuel.

My '07 Mustang GT/CS gets 3 More MPG around town with 89 Non Ethanol.

I also think that they do those fuel test on a dyno. No wind no hills etc. Tires also make a difference. Running AT's vs a highway tread make a difference. Changing to larger tires obviously has an impact. I had an 05 Warthog. Had a cold air and HP tune and ran 93. It did better than stock with 87. When old boat died, mustang toy became part of new Parker :cry: :D I miss it but love my Parker.

Wart, my brother was involved with the prototyping manufacturing and design of the 2015 F150 aluminum chassis. He says its badass.... I just bought a new 2014 Ford F150 super crew platinum with 3.5 ecoboost and maxtow package. You'll be very pleased with your purchase. Tows my 2120 with ease

Well I finally got it home, will not have to worry about pulling the boat anymore. 2015 Dodge 2500 4x4 with 6.7 Cummins with locking diffs

Attachments

• new truck.jpg
    new truck.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 58
Pnltbox":3iavg75b said:
Well I finally got it home, will not have to worry about pulling the boat anymore. 2015 Dodge 2500 4x4 with 6.7 Cummins with locking diffs

That is one sweet ride. I have never regretted buying my Ram 2500. The cummins 6.7 is one awesome motor with plenty of torque. Enjoy.

Back