Trying to post pictures from Hurricane Ike

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWL

Reaction score
For some reason I can't get the pictures posted. Can I email them to someone and have them post for me?

I try to attach the picture and I get a message I am trying to upload an empty file. Can anyone help? I can open and view the picture with no problem.

One more try.

Attachments

• P1000527.JPG
    P1000527.JPG
    193.3 KB · Views: 440
More to follow

Attachments

• P1000526.JPG
    P1000526.JPG
    193.2 KB · Views: 436
More

Attachments

• P1000539.JPG
    P1000539.JPG
    194.2 KB · Views: 434
Hurricane

Attachments

• P1000531.JPG
    P1000531.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 425
  • P1000530.JPG
    P1000530.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 425
Ike

Attachments

• P1000517.JPG
    P1000517.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 422
Hurricane

Attachments

• P1000522.JPG
    P1000522.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 419
  • P1000534.JPG
    P1000534.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 419
Here we go

Attachments

• P1000523.JPG
    P1000523.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 414
More

Attachments

• P1000533.JPG
    P1000533.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 411
If i'm not mistaken, the last boat floating was a Parker!
------
Seriously though, I feel for all that lived through that and will have to try to go on. The devastation is beyond belief.

Uncle Matt said:
If i'm not mistaken, the last boat floating was a Parker!
------
You are correct sir. That is my Parker in the slip in front of my condo. It stayed there throughout the hurricane. I adjusted the dock lines so it could ride up with the surge and it was protected from the winds by the condos you see in the background as will as the condos in which I have. It rode up on the sugre approximately 12 feet and then back down right where it started. As you can see in the background two sail boats were not given enough slack and are now on the bottom.

BTW, the pictures of all the trashed boats are only about 200 yards from my boat. Winds were clocked in excess of 100 mph. The only water in the Parker was a result of trash clogging the scupper drains and I had about 4 inches of water in the cockpit. As soon as I cleared the drains, the water drained. There was no water in the bilge.

Since this event happened I have been waiting for the media to begin the feeding frenzy of who is at fault for "Ike," (a natural disaster). Evidently there are other stories more sensational at present to distract them.

Houston, Galveston and its environs have my sympathy and my prayers for a quick recovery. As with our recent storm (Isabel) and the Gulf states (Katrina), we all face tough challenges from time to time. I am sure that Texans will step up to the plate and do what must be done to rebuild and recover. I am withholding most of my comments on a particular metropolitan area to prevent this post from becoming political. Have you guys in Texas received your $2000 spending money yet? :roll:

There was a Parker 2520 here in Va. that got a serious beating against a piling during Isabel and there was some damage to the hull at the rub rail. It was repaired easily and she's back on the water. Perhaps if everyone would buy Parkers there would be much lower insurance rates for boaters!

These storms will come and they will hurt anyone in their path. That is the nature of hurricanes. I feel the benefit of living close enough to the water to enjoy it is worth the risk. I don't expect the rest of the population to share that risk with me. The ocean is no place for the weak or faint of heart.

I didn't suffer any damage to either my home or condo. I did go to my brother's house in Georgia for a few days until power came back. Loaded up the wife and dogs and off we went for a short vacation. We had decided to go to our home in Costa Rica but waited too long and the Houston airport was closed.

I know two people who live(d) in a condo complex about 1/4 mile from mine and it is basically destroyed. The city of El Lago has refused to allow any of the owners to return as there is no power, water, or sewer and, they have told the homeowners not to plan on moving back. They applied to FEMA for housing assistance and have been denied. FEMA has said the complex is habitable even though the city inspected it and won't let them in even to retreive any belongings which may have survived. They appealed the FEMA ruling and it has been denied by Washington based on the local FEMA ruling. Needless to say the owners are upset.

BTW, there are no minorites in that complex if that means anything.

Generally speaking we Texans have not complained too much and haven't cried about what the goevernment has or hasn't done. Most neighbors are helping one another. If fact, I have friends staying in my condo until they can return to their home. I simply have stayed at my house north of Houston.

JWL":20fht17u said:
Generally speaking we Texans have not complained too much and haven't cried about what the goevernment has or hasn't done. Most neighbors are helping one another. If fact, I have friends staying in my condo until they can return to their home. I simply have stayed at my house north of Houston.

Nice to know there are good people out there willing to help.

Latest posts

Back