used 2520 questions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SledgeHammer

Reaction score
I need some help (again). I have found a 2000 2520 open back with a 2003 5.0 volvo inboard outboard. They are asking $12,000 for the boat with trailer. It sounds like this is a good deal. Maybe too good. What should I be most concerned with when checking the boat out? How much do you think it would cost to repower?

Just got Pics from Seller.

Thank you

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 437
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 437
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 437
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 437
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 437
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 437
First the hull :

Look at thru hulls
look at hull , look thru inspection plates look for rot, soft spots(knock on all areas)
look for gel coat (bad areas of repair)
blisters?
how is the motor?
fluids?
GAS TANK???? leaking corroded does sending unit work?
well you get the idea then move from there

Whats with the floor inside the pilots house?? :?:

Looks like it sat full of water for a long time. If so I would be concerned about a few things under the deck and condition of the motor and wiring, could end up being a night mare. Hard to tell from pics.

was that boat submerged?

i would count on replacing that outdrive, shes not int he best of cosmetic shape.

that boat looks pretty rough for a 2000, mine is 12 years older and in WAY better condition than that (and mine gets fished pretty hard, never babied)

the MV *WILL* beat your brains in.. i have one, I know. it is however a very stable platform in all conditions. In a headsea, you push the tabs down and slow down. pretty simple. I like the fuel economy and drift charachteristics of the MV a lot though.

get a survey on that thing, but looking at the cabin alone i would run from that boat. If you want a parker that bad I'll sell you mine.

After reading hours of post on this site I have come to value your input. I am going to leave this one alone for now.

Thanks for the input.

Good decision. The market is full of boats right now. Take your time and you will get what you are happy with.

Back