Want to install a 1 KW thru-hull transducer in my 2100

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meat Without Feet

Reaction score
I've given up on using my Garmin 498 as a bottom machine and going with the Furuno 585 (kinda like going from a Hyundai to a Mercedes Benz) with the Airmar B164-12.

Has anyone ever cut one into the hull ? The ducer is 3 3/4" diameter and looking into the bilge it appears there is a piece glassed in on the starboard side of the hull for this purpose. The bilge pump switch is also mounted on this piece .

Before I cut this hole any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Here's a photo I just took. It looks like a piece of 1/2" ply that was glassed in when the boat was made. It's probably the only place that I can mount it.

Meat Without Feet":2jchyxt9 said:
Has anyone ever cut one into the hull ? The ducer is 3 3/4" diameter and looking into the bilge it appears there is a piece glassed in on the starboard side of the hull for this purpose. The bilge pump switch is also mounted on this piece.

I believe that the flat you are referring to is the mounting pad for the bilge pump(s) and float switches.
You are going to want to put that transducer outside of the flat. (photo below)

Image-DD7D6FE00D5C11DC.jpg

I notched the tray and put my ducer in there.

Attachments

• Parker 008.jpg
    Parker 008.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 709
No it's not the lighting He alway's has a spotless bilge. I am sorry MWFeet but if you think you are going from Hundai to Mercedes you may be very disapointed. I used Furuno for years and finally changed over to Garmin, easier use and for me a much better price. It is all preference but if you have not used or seen the Garmin 4208 then you should treat yourself. You get what you pay for. Furuno didn't work for me but maybe it will for you as there are many of opinions out there. If you are purchasing a Furuno1900c-1833c-1933c-or a 1943c and want the instructional DVD, I have it listed on eBay right now for $10.00,you may need it!

FishFactory":2sczv13x said:
ppem45":2sczv13x said:
No it's not the lighting He alway's has a spotless bilge. I am sorry MWFeet but if you think you are going from Hundai to Mercedes you may be very disapointed.!

Well, since yer "thrown down the gauntlet", I'll respond......................................................

complete bullschindt. :lol:
Watch out ppem 45..he might break out his Egret on you again :lol: :lol: .

I'm happy w/my Garmin545s,but..... after looking at my friends Furuno I'd rather have that!!
MJ.

Oh NO! Not the leathal Egret again! Come on MJ don't go soft on looks, it's the guts that we need in our machines.

ppem45":2cby9ao3 said:
Oh NO! Not the leathal Egret again! Come on MJ don't go soft on looks, it's the guts that we need in our machines.
Agreed,it is the guts,I dont think anyone out there can beat Garmin for GPS's,and the fishfinder I do have on the boat works awesome even though it is transom mounted,but....it will lose it's picture at speed where the Furuno wont.The furuno IMO is a better sounder...aww heck it's probably that great big screen my buddy has....shows the fishes better than my lil 5.5".

I still wanna see the egret again..even if it's on me :lol: :lol:

Yer alls are too much :lol: :lol:
MJ.

Who says commercial boats don't use Garmin, thats whats on my brothers boat and he is a commercial fisherman.

FishFactory":3uunxp1u said:
Learn from the egret.............. :lol:
BAWWWHAHAHA!!!
Now thats what I'm talikin bout!!!
Thanks FF,you just made my day...even if you covered up his...ummm...claw..finger ...whatever it was!!!! :lol: :lol:
Yer,a Classic character for sure,yer ever out in Cali come see me,we'll get on Offgassin,and go chase fish......W/the Garmin of course!! :lol: :lol:
MJ.

Micheal J":3ufi1t5t said:
FishFactory":3ufi1t5t said:
Learn from the egret.............. :lol:
BAWWWHAHAHA!!!
Now thats what I'm talikin bout!!!
Thanks FF,you just made my day...even if you covered up his...ummm...claw..finger ...whatever it was!!!! :lol: :lol:
Yer,a Classic character for sure,yer ever out in Cali come see me,we'll get on Offgassin,and go chase fish......W/the Garmin of course!! :lol: :lol:
MJ.
PS BRING THE EGRET!!! We'll put em up on the bow pulpit,and use em as a hood ornament! :lol: :lol:
MJ.

ppem45":16cq9iur said:
Who says commercial boats don't use Garmin, thats whats on my brothers boat and he is a commercial fisherman.

ok. hey, use what works for you. ill stick with my furuno, but that doesnt necessarily mean im right. maybe the new Garmin gear's truly the cats azz. however, in the majority of cases, Furuno's sounders are ranked as the best of the best, comm or rec alike. thats just factual as per my experience in talking to both.

The 7000F is the bomb for sure....The ONLY thing I dont like about Furuno is the price tag that come w/em.

Still gotta say...if I could...I would....,but hey I still have to make my boat stroke :lol:
Maybe down the road.
FF you let me know when your comin...the WSB are starting to show around here.
MJ.

Back