What does it cost ? Gas tank replacement 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty D

Reaction score
It not time yet. 2005 2320 parker. What is total cost for 140 gallon gas tank replacement?

Attachments

• E99CB026-2804-4B9F-AC5E-2B521DF26BC9.jpeg
    E99CB026-2804-4B9F-AC5E-2B521DF26BC9.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 593
3000 and up. I estimate 4000 for mine maybe 5K bc with upgrades like thicker tank metal, epoxy coating, new fuel sender, new hoses, re do bilge pump and add a backup, replace raw water pickup and sea valve, Armstrong deck hatches, R and R bracket for repainting, new deck scuppers, ,new electronics and in hull transducer, new battery trays, add a large deck.hatch to access bilge easlier

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Brent":2900umqf said:
3000 and up. I estimate 4000 for mine maybe 5K bc with upgrades like thicker tank metal, epoxy coating, new fuel sender, new hoses, re do bilge pump and add a backup, replace raw water pickup and sea valve, Armstrong deck hatches, R and R bracket for repainting, new deck scuppers, ,new electronics and in hull transducer, new battery trays, add a large deck.hatch to access bilge easlier

How old is your parker ? Would you have the tank installed the same way parker did it, with 0 foam ?

How old is your parker ? Would you have the tank installed the same way parker did it, with 0 foam ?

The changing of a tank is Soooo invasive....You only want to do it once....And while were at it....Lets take the way the factory did it and improve on it.

This costs more money.......But if you do the upgrades.....And you do really good documentation....It will increase the vale of your boat when time to sell.

Throwing the same thickness tank in and not coating the tank.....Then not so much. :(

Brent":138uv4xy said:
I have a 1994 2320 EC. I will find someone like Warthog and do it better or take it to him.

The parker dealer here doesn’t do replacement tanks. I started checking last year to find a guy and I was shocked with some of the answers I got. Not good. I’m in New York Long Island and still haven’t found someone. I just wanted to be ready.

I strongly encourage you reading some of the tank replacement threads and when you do find someone spec out what you specifically want done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brent":2enfcif5 said:
How about Tri State?

Yes, white water did and when speaking with them they said -they install the take the same way as Parker boats do it.

Marty D":32y1kivf said:
Brent":32y1kivf said:
I have a 1994 2320 EC. I will find someone like Warthog and do it better or take it to him.

The parker dealer here doesn’t do replacement tanks. I started checking last year to find a guy and I was shocked with some of the answers I got. Not good. I’m in New York Long Island and still haven’t found someone. I just wanted to be ready.

Go see this guy.....He knows what he's doing. http://www.raybomarine.com/

But also do your research.... and spec. to what you want.

warthog5":2nyzqxo1 said:
Marty D":2nyzqxo1 said:
Brent":2nyzqxo1 said:

Go see this guy.....He knows what he's doing. http://www.raybomarine.com/

But also do your research.... and spec. to what you want.
How do you know this guy with you living in Florida?

I'm on LI. I'd def check out Raybo as mentioned. He has a great rep and does really nice work.

I know him from Classic Mako......Ive seen his work and specifically on fuel tanks. He will seal the foam off so No water can ever get in it. And coal tar the tank.

I’m curious because I suspect I’ll be doing this as well in the future. How exactly does the foam get sealed? The rest of the process I understand (I think).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seoneill":3jckf5mc said:
I'm on LI. I'd def check out Raybo as mentioned. He has a great rep and does really nice work.
Seoneill- what year is your boat ? My buddy lives in that town and had his tank replaced on his mako. He did a great job. I saved him in my phone. Thanks guys.

warthog5":s9nd05d9 said:
I know him from Classic Mako......Ive seen his work and specifically on fuel tanks. He will seal the foam off so No water can ever get in it. And coal tar the tank.
I called and spoke to him. I went to see his shop and he is the guy to do this job or anything with fiberglass. As someone hear said may as well get it all the other stuff done. As a mechanic for 45 years and seeing some of his work - best shop work I ever seen. She is almost 15 years old now but I try to keep her well maintained. Thanks for the info. Marty D

Attachments

• A36DA81B-2725-44FF-AEBB-D71645A7C819.jpeg
    A36DA81B-2725-44FF-AEBB-D71645A7C819.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 317
  • F39DB5D9-74E2-4E6D-9215-B733C40907AF.jpeg
    F39DB5D9-74E2-4E6D-9215-B733C40907AF.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 317
Back