what else??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outofcommission

Reaction score
I know I'm forgetting something.... I am picking up my new 2530 Parker on Wednesday and I am trying to get all of the ducks in a row!!! The dealer is throwing in a coast guard kit, dock lines, etc... Just feel like I'm forgetting something... A though hull transducer will be installed before it's splashed... so what else????

About 15 more rod holders throughout the boat, Stereo, E-pirb, sun shade of some kind, larger tabs, 4- bladed props, perma-trims, Auto-pilot-TR-1, Radar, any kind of Garmin unit for knowing where you are going, Furuno- bottom unit, Vhf, Sirrus or Xm weather, the largest fuel capacity available, type 1 life vests, and a full tank of fuel. Now you are ready to go fishing!

I ordered a Garmin 12" touch screen, garmin 4kw 36 mile radar, antena mount, etc... I guess it's a good start for now... 4 blades and tabs can wait til next year. A full tank of fuel is NYS law to test the tanks ( I gotta pay of course). It's going to be a few years before I have everything I need/want for this boat...

Sounds like you have a good start. Additional rod holders were first on our boat. More in gunnel, along back, and pipe work on top of the pilot house with additional holders there as well. I was told the dealer proves his worth and appreciation by providing your new boat with the first full tank of fuel. Mine did! Good luck and enjoy. The projects never stop for a Parker owner.

Second bilge pump wired seperate from the rest of the system
fully stocked ditch bag
epirb or plb
file a float plan with a couple of people on shore before you go offshore
fire extinguisher or two for your size of boat
boater education course for the family
practice DOB...driver overboard procedure for your regular crew. in case something happens to you the rest of the crew knows what to do in an emergency, practice makes perfect and they wont panic when they dont know what to do. make sure they know how to use the vhf and gps coordinates to get help fast.

after you get all safety gear and everyone familiar with the boat and how it operates then get all the electronics and goodies you want and enjoy.

dont forget pics of it to show us what you did 8)

Thanks for all of the advice, not sure how far offshore I will be traveling (at least without another boat near) but will definately go out fully equipped if I do. I will post a bunch of pics as soon as it is in my possession. I will shoot some pics of the install too, the 12" is gonna be a tight fit but it is going to look unbelievable when it's done. I do like the auto tabs and my bday is coming in 2 mos hopefully I can put a nice wishlist together.... windlass, 400' rode, delta anchor, radio & speakers, vhf, auto tabs with trim indicators switch, props will be next year if I don't like the 3 blades that it comes with...... (honey hope your reading this!!!) It just seems endless.... I would LOVE to have a FLIR thermal camera too but it's going to be in the far future!!!

Legally it sounds like youre good. however, in addition to what youve stated here are a few (read: lots) of things you should try to get soon.

safety: get now- EPIRB, fully stocked ditch bag (read up on that in other forums, do a search), better flares than the ones in the CG kit, a GOOD medical kit, a handheld VHF, multiple fire extinguishers (there is no such thing as too many- at least 2 at different locations), plugs for every size hole in your hull, as well as a Nerf football to stuff into larger holes, a GOOD spotlight, Type I PFDs (pricier but well worth it in an emergency- your life is worth $50) with lights, whistles, etc; a GOOD strobe light, a GOOD throwable (not one of those cushion pieces of crap- im talking either a lifering with 100+' of line or a Lifesling throwable or similar product- i recommend the Lifesling). Get later- liferaft, more flares, 2nd EPIRB, sat phone.

Other: set of charts for your area, a good set of binoculars, deck chairs, a good cooler with a pad on top for seating, at least 1 extra rodholder in each covering board, 2 if you cant put them in the transom, cutting board, bunch of 5 gallon buckets, a bunch of cheap knives, scissors, pliers, etc; gloves to handle fish/line, nets and gaffs, additional raingear (cheap stuff to keep on the boat), guide to lights, sound signals, and dayshapes; guide to chart navigation, handheld canister airhorn, tool set (basic stuff- screwdrivers, pliers, hammer, wire cutters, wrenches, channel locks, vice-grips, wire ties, duct tape, filter wrench), spare filters for all the filters in your system, various lubricants, boat soap, scrub brush, boathook.

all of the above are pretty much just me mentally going through the compartments on my 2530 and eliminating the more useless stuff :wink: not necessarily all absolutely critical (except for the safety gear) but its a good starting point. have fun with the new baby!

Thank you for your good advice... I know there is a lot stuff that goes along with boating safely and I'm a fan of making sure it is fun and safe for the whole family. The first aid kit is exactly wht I was talking about "forgetting something." I am really focused on getting the larger / electronic things that my mind is wandering from the smaller / necessary things I am extremely happy with my decision to purchase this boat new, although when you buy used you tend to get a lot of stuff like fire extinguishers, lines, bumpers, etc...

I'm sure parker sells extra pole holders, but is there something else people recommend?

So who closed the deal Anthony ? or John ?

THROW IN...lol they have to deliver you coastguard ready vessel....

bought mine there too......

Enjoy it the fishing has been good so far where r u fishing south shore or MTK?....?

With the 150s on the back i wouldnt worrry too much about bigger tabs and 4 blades you should be pretty well balanced rigged that way. Not sure if you added the rod holders on the roof from the factory or not. If not you can get an aluminum fabricator to do it for cheaper than they charge for the upgrade at the factory. Id put a fan in on the dash and mount your GPS from the celing with a Navpod. Makes it much easier to see when fishing from the rear and you can also spin it when driving at night if you are having problem with light glare. Look up my name and 2530. I did a ton of stuff to mine

outofcommission":2pn5767s said:
I know I'm forgetting something.... I am picking up my new 2530 Parker on Wednesday and I am trying to get all of the ducks in a row!!! The dealer is throwing in a coast guard kit, dock lines, etc... Just feel like I'm forgetting something... A though hull transducer will be installed before it's splashed... so what else????
absoutley a hand held vhf clip on your belt no leaving the back deck

Anthony and John are both great guys, I've known them for years and this is my second both from them!!! The last one was a scarab 302 w/ twin yamis. Both transactions couldn't have gone smoother although I didn't keep that boat very long..........

Latest posts

Back