What's inside the step??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chas650r

Reaction score
Has anybody been inside the first step down into the V berth on a 2520 xld? On my boat it's the sealed compartment right forward of the wheelhouse floor making the step down into the V berth. I am interested in using the area inside and don't know if it's foam filled , empty or?

Thanks in advance for any input .

Has anybody been inside the first step down into the V berth on a 2520 xld?
Its empty but not much room there. If a marine head was installed from the Parker factory, they added a hatch in the floor to access the piping.
I was curious like you, so I cut a hole and installed a hatch. See my post titled:

"2520 XL Forward Bilge"​

There's not much room in there, but you can make useful if you're creative. But most importantly, the anchor locker drain must be resolved first, which I'm still planning on drilling the hole to drain the water overboard and not into the bilge as it does now. Then that bilge will remain dry.

Thanks, Baker. My xld already has the hatch in the floor where you cut yours in. My question is about the step as I described. In one of your pics the step is shown aft of the floor cutout .

Thanks, Baker. My xld already has the hatch in the floor where you cut yours in. My question is about the step as I described. In one of your pics the step is shown aft of the floor cutout .
Oh I misread. I believe that space should be empty, but let us know what you find if you cut into it. And post some pics.

You could stick a camera through the deck hatch to take a look from the bottom side

Has anybody been inside the first step down into the V berth on a 2520 xld? On my boat it's the sealed compartment right forward of the wheelhouse floor making the step down into the V berth. I am interested in using the area inside and don't know if it's foam filled , empty or?

Thanks in advance for any input .
Man, get one of these:
I had a plug of foam blocking the drains on my 2320, and this was instrumental in the fix.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230109-144040.png
    Screenshot_20230109-144040.png
    744.9 KB · Views: 3
Thanks for the replies. In my 2520xld the step is a sealed box . There is a drain pipe that goes from the vberth floor hold access through the step and ends up in the hold area under the wheelhouse floor. I assumed the drain was a solid pipe through the step but you guys made me realize I don't know that for sure. I will look into that further and report back.

Back