which rides better? 2320 or 2510 mv??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishmanjs

Reaction score
I have a 16 degree 2510 and have been thinking of buying a 2320 thinking that the 2320, with its deeper vee, will pound a lot less and ride better. The 2510 I love except when it gets snotty out and the pounding in short seas kills my back. I fish in Long Island Sound and off eastern Long Island, not really any ocean fishing.

Would appreciate any thoughts or advice. Thank you.

JOE

The 23 deep vee hull is considered by many to be Parker's best riding hull. The 23 is also narrower than the 25, contributing to an improved ride.

I have owned a 23 DVCC, 2320, and 2801 DVCC. Also fished out of a friend's 2520MV quite a bit.

On calm days we fished the 2520MV. That boat had a lot of room but in rougher conditions we fished the 23DVCC and 2320 due to improved ride. The 2801 has the best ride and most room.

I have not fished the 25DV which has a shorter length to beam ratio compared to the 2801. That said, I have heard the 23DV (8.5 beam) models have their advantages over the 25DV (9.5 beam). The 23DV can get on top and stay on top of the chop whereas not so much with wider beam of the 25DV.

Weight forward helps the ride in all the Parker models

Last edited:
I have spent a lot of time on a 2320, often at the helm and in some pretty snotty situations. That hull does ride great, but once I got my 2520 DV I was amazed at how much better she rode than the 2320. I think it is more about the increased weight as it is anything else. I hear people say all the time that the 2320 rides better, but I just aint buying it. In my humble opinion, the deep vee 2520 ride is far superior to the 2320 deep vee.

Cap'n Dan

Of the two models you posted, the 2320 will always ride better w the 21 degree deadrise. Vs the 16 degree you are running now.
of all my boats I’ve ever owned, the 2330 is my absolute favorite.
In fact if I bought this boat eight years ago I could’ve save myself a lot of time energy and money with all the boats I’ve been through since my first 2120 8 years ago.....

My 2320 w/300 Yamaha rides good. But I had to install permatrim and 12x18 tabs. Then I got rid of that bench seat that gives you whip lash. Now I have 2 forward facing seaspension seats. The remaining crew ride on bean bags out back.

no clue if my boat rides better or worse than a 25 MV, so no help on that topic.

I have spent a lot of time on a 2320, often at the helm and in some pretty snotty situations. That hull does ride great, but once I got my 2520 DV I was amazed at how much better she rode than the 2320. I think it is more about the increased weight as it is anything else. I hear people say all the time that the 2320 rides better, but I just aint buying it. In my humble opinion, the deep vee 2520 ride is far superior to the 2320 deep vee.

Cap'n Dan

As the old saying goes "There's no replacement for displacement".

Back