WHO CLOSED IN THEIR TRANSOM ON A 2120?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLA69

Reaction score
If the surveys on boat and motor look good i'll be getting a 2120 sport cabin.Seems the open transom hasn't been a problem for most owners I've talked to.I'm still going to look for some options on closing it up back there,looking for some ideas.

One here fully enclosed their 2120 and added an external OB bracket, but I can't find the post right now.

Another idea is the "cooler slide" concept to close off the space between the 2 jump seats and hence the cut-out notch, see: www.classicparker.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14379

Another idea I haven't seen employed yet would be to add a 6" setback fixed transom bracket between the existing hull and OB. That should allow the cooler slide idea to fit flush to the jump seats across the stern. Not a full transom by any means, but significantly less co$t and effort.

Unless you are doing the work yourself (and even if you are), that is an expensive modification.
If you feel you must have a closed transom, look for a 2320 model.
The cost difference between the 21 and the 23 will be far less than buying a 21 and modifying it.
Unless the money doesn't matter and you just like the challenge. :wink:

Latest posts

Back