Will 8 people safely ride on a 2120?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheapie408

Reaction score
I've never put so much load on the the parker or any boat. The most I've ever put on was 5 people and a cooler and some rods.

Long story should, I want to hope over to a local island with 4 kids and 4 adults, between the age of 8 and 10 about a 7 mile trip each way all inside the bay. Not going to have much on the boat but a small cooler and some foods for the day. Can the 2120 handle this with some room to spare?

8ppl 1100 lbs, i know i wont be over but even with 4 bug guys and fishing gear its a challenge. My old boat says 11 people but i will never want to fit more than 6.

The plate says it all X amount of people with a max weight of X total (people and cargo).
Usually the people capacity is potential available seating.
Most boats have a huge error margin built in to that number because most people lie about their weight.

I have done 6 adults and 3 kids on my old 2120 for fireworks with a short run and with the 150 you had to have weight distributed to get it onto plane. Also helped to have tabs fully down and motor buried. Too much weight aft and it becomes a problem. I would not want to run long distances with a lot of people as people moving underway can cause a lot more "trim party" action when loaded down and people dont pay attention to what others are doing.

I just did 8 on my 2320, all adults, with no sweat.
Taking into account all earlier advice in this thread, keep everyone spread out while underway.
I had one in the cabin with me, one in deck chairs on each side of the cockpit, and two on coolers on each side of the cockpit. Ask everyone to take it easy on the extra stuff they bring and show up with their drinks already cold and in bags, to go in your cooler(s). Keep weight off the transom while underway and make sure everyone stays seated. You can do it if within the label, just realize your safety margin is way down from the usual trip. You really have a lot of room (when at anchor) when people relax on the roof, on top of the cabin and in the cockpit. It is easy to spread out.

Last edited:
Please use caution.
A 27' Yamaha boat capsized in the lower Hudson River on 7/13/22 with a 7 yr old boy and his 47 yr old female relative drowning. It was a family trip with 12 family members plus the Captain aboard. The 11 survivors were injured with the Captain hospitalized in Critical Condition. Ferries & other vessels were on the scence quickly but they couldn't save everyone. Terrible tragedy.

To all thanks for all the feedback. Gave me confident to take everyone out yesterday. This little 21 footer handled 4 adults and 4 kids very nicesly. Kids and myself were all in the cabin, 3 adults in the back. I had a full tank as well. I can definitely feel the weight. Nice and calm on the way out crusing at 25 Mph @ 4500 no sweats. On the way in we had 9-12 Mph winds against the current which wasn't favorable. Took it slow average 13 Mph. I wouldn't have never been able to do 8 on my old 21 foot walkaround cuddy comfortable.

Back