Windlass Parker 2320 2007

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HET

Reaction score
I am buying a parker 2320sc, 2007 and the windlass look like is not an original. is this the windlass that came with this model? If I want to change it, is there space available to put a modern windlass on it?Windlass .jpg

I am buying a parker 2320sc, 2007 and the windlass look like is not an original. is this the windlass that came with this model? If I want to change it, is there space available to put a modern windlass on it?View attachment 35679
Definitely not original, but unless it doesn’t work or you have a reason to change it, you might like it. I believe that’s an EZ Anchor Puller or one of the similar models, and other than the aesthetics of them they’re pretty popular and have a reputation for being robust.

If you do want to replace it, under the existing winch is a hatch to the anchor locker, which is probably blocked off. Replacing it should be as easy as removing the current windlass, filling any holes, and installing your new equipment of choice.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the help. The aesthetics is what makes me want to change it. I am Florida and any exposed rope will be damaged by the sun and heavy rain. Truly appreciate your help.

Thank you so much for the help. The aesthetics is what makes me want to change it. I am Florida and any exposed rope will be damaged by the sun and heavy rain. Truly appreciate your help.
Maybe not as 'pretty' and shiny as a S/S Lewmar, but "Beauty is in the Eye......".. I agree that there are a lot of advantages to this type of windlass. Like Pelegic said, they are (1) robust and (2) there is no wet anchor rode in the boat; and (3) when it's installed where the deck is sealed properly, there is no water seeping through the rode-locker, into the bilges from the rode-locker. And (4) the rode doesn't get jumbled and kinked in the rode-locker... The best and easiest 'fix' for Florida sunshine deteriorating the anchor rode, is to add more chain, and the chain will protect the nylon rode from the sun. Besides, it looks like there is not much chain on your present system to start with; more chain, is more desirable.

Last edited:
Thank you Andy for your help. After reading the comments, I may just try it and see how it works. Definitely will follow your suggestions.

Thank you Andy for your help. After reading the comments, I may just try it and see how it works. Definitely will follow your suggestions.
If you’re mostly worried about UV and weather exposure, a good tight-fitting canvas cover would be an option as well, and much cheaper than a new windlass. Should be no problem for a custom canvas shop.

Yea..If I had that, I'd keep it...I'd add a elastic based cover to slip over it when not in use.
The anchor lockers are not that big, or deep...That is the problem with a Lewmar. It needs elevation to get the drop.

I made the anchor locker larger on my boat...It would hold 600ft.

What you have there is a lot easier...Also....You Have it. :)

Putting a Lewmar on it....Depending who does it.... You could easily spend $3K

Yes the EzGo has a Commercial/Industrial look.

Attachments

• 100_5078.JPG
    100_5078.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_5085.JPG
    100_5085.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_5090.JPG
    100_5090.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_5112.JPG
    100_5112.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_5155.JPG
    100_5155.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_5147.JPG
    100_5147.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 1
Keep it! I went with a Good winch. It's robust and has a stellar reputation. I didn't want a big drum sitting on the front of the boat. Now I wish I had gone drum as the Good still coils the line and the loops close into small knots which can bind in the Good if I'm not drifting fast or anchor in shallow water. I changed to a heavy anchor to make deployment easier, but in shallow water that does nothing. A drum while not overly pretty, doesn't suffer kinks thus you stay in the cockpit.

Keep it. The Lewmar has it's feed problems for sure. Mine would always have a jam during freefall where the rode would run up beside the control arm. A strategically placed bolt fixed it.

IMG_20230211_134229591_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone for the help. Will definitely keep it for a while. I'll get a cover, as suggested, and go with it. Absolutely helpful tips from everyone.

Keep it! I went with a Good winch. It's robust and has a stellar reputation. I didn't want a big drum sitting on the front of the boat. Now I wish I had gone drum as the Good still coils the line and the loops close into small knots which can bind in the Good if I'm not drifting fast or anchor in shallow water. I changed to a heavy anchor to make deployment easier, but in shallow water that does nothing. A drum while not overly pretty, doesn't suffer kinks thus you stay in the cockpit.
Which Good windlass do you have? I currently have a 500 rope only windlass, and have been considering upgrading to an 850 for extra chain capacity.

It is a 500 ft drum windlass. Tested it a few days ago and it worked well.

My issue was more esthetic than performance. It looks rather an industrial windlass, belonging in a commercial boat.

I have been around those EZ pulls for 25 years. no way i would change that out for a windlass.
just put a free fall model on my boat last year.

Back