Window seal

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfish

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I did a search and did not find what I was looking for, but I have a feeling this question has been asked many times before. I have a Parker 2320 (love it!) the issue is the front window above the Vberth leaks down onto my bed. I had one boat guy put vaseline on there and that worked for awhile. But I want to permanently fix this problem. Should I buy a new window? New seal? Where do I purchase. Parker dealer here in San Diego is no longer with us....thanks in advance for your time.

Pat

Take it out and recaulk, someone here had the same problem and there was a break in the caulk line from the factory.

Where exactly is it leaking from? Is it leaking from the framing? Is it leaking from the inside by the glass?

Where exactly is it leaking from? Is it leaking from the frame of the window? Inside the glass and then dripping down?

If it's leaking from the frame, do what Bryan suggested.

If it's leaking from inside the glass, pull off the gasket, recaulk and replace the gasket. If you can't get the gasket back on (it's difficult), then buy some rubber / foam adhesive window stripping.

Attachments

• taco weather seal.jpg
    taco weather seal.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 221
Gents, thanks for all the info. Sorry I have not gotten back sooner and been more specific. The leak is coming from between the actual glass and the seal that seals to the outside? One of boat guys put colorless silicone on the seam last year and that did stop the leak. I need to get this stopped as to protect from mold and mildew in the pilothouse. Thanks for all your input and look forward to other replies...I am not very good with this stuff....

Back