Wiring question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhendric

Reaction score
Question. I recently rewired my 2500 CC...does anyone have a good idea on how to secure the wires that go from the bilge/transom to the console? Origionally the wires were secured to the deck from below, but this space is not accessable. presently my wires are neatly run everywhere I can reach, but just hang from about 2 feet fore of the bilge hatch to the console...

hope this question makes sense.

I'm not sure what these things are called, but they are plastic 'squares' with an adhesive foam backing that can be stuck to a surface, and then items can be secured with a cable tie.

In this photo, I used the mounts to secure my fuel transducer in the vertical position as recommended by Navman.

Image-5C4CB30C4F5411DB.jpg

The mounts will not hold up to moisture as-is and will eventually become 'unstuck', but I've discovered that if you put a small dab of clear silicone on them, they will stay stuck where you put them. :wink:

Dab the center of the mounts with silicone and place them where you want them... Let dry for 24 hours, then tie up your wiring with nylon zip-ties. :wink:

Thanks for the advise, but I may not be describing my problem very well...the wires that run from the transom/bilge are to the console hang down, and I can't reach them to zip tie them...looking for a tip on a way to bundle wires that I can't reach....

Yes, I saw that the other day ... you're challenged to get your wiring secured.

At least TIGHTLY secure the ends where you can to prevent the wires from pulling.

But how about this for a whacky idea? See below. Put the ziptie around the wiring but LOOSE, having drilled a hole in the 'pull' end. Then once around the wiring like a noose, tie off some 50# mono (or more, maybe less) to the ziptie and drop through a somewhat flexible tube that'll help you PUSH the ziptie down the wiring run.

Start as far IN as you can, because - if it works - then you can back off in 1' increments. Once in position, hold the tubing secure and PULL onto the mono to seat the ziptie in place and then pull harder to BREAK off the ziptie.

I'd try this first on a test piece, but it should work! And I just luv ol' Rube Goldberg DIY methods!

Attachments

• Wiring-Tool.gif
    Wiring-Tool.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 357
Man, that's a darn clever idea...I'll give her a try on Friday and let you know how it goes...maybe snip the tie halfway before sliding her down that way I'll know where it will break...

Back