would you buy this boat. part 2

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petecandy

Reaction score
the guy wants $9000. no trailer as is... it has an open back, curtains rather than door and curtains are shot, trim tads, working radio, windless, and battery switch.. thanks

i smell a rat. put it this way: get a price to replace the engine, tank, and rewire the boat. then add that to the price of the boat. buy the boat only if that total price is within your price range. and of course, as has been said, definately get the boat and engine surveyed. $9000 rings major alarm bells to me.

I think that what pelagic is saying is that $9k for that boat is really a cheap price.

There could be many reasons why the price is so cheap, but maybe the owner just needs to be out from it and is willing to sacrifice.
Or... maybe the boat has issues.

Either way, after a survey, you would know if rescuing this boat would be in your best interests.

FWIW - My boat is an open-back that had issues when I bought her.
However, the purchase price made the repairs I had to make worth the price . :wink:

Image-DB840A65C5C611DA.jpg

What year is the boat? Knowing that can go a long way in determining what repairs she MIGHT be in need of.

Back