1801 Front Cooler Livewell

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reellucky18

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone converted the front cooler seat, directly in front of the helm to a livewell?
If so, I am wondering where you drain your livewell overboard?

Thanks in advance.

You're the project manager. I'll throw an idea out. Get a Moeller tank and run the water from your wash down pump, above deck and temporarily. A good excuse to install a wash down pump if you don't have one. I use a 40 gallon tank on my 2320. When I am not using it, no impact on the boat whatsoever. Probably use it for 25% or less of the trips.
I added 6 rod holders on top of the tank. With a few inches of water in there you can trailer with rods in the livewell rod holders. Use the lid for a cutting board, use the molded in cupholders for sinker/hook/bait storage. No loss of your good storage.

You're the project manager. I'll throw an idea out. Get a Moeller tank and run the water from your wash down pump, above deck and temporarily. A good excuse to install a wash down pump if you don't have one. I use a 40 gallon tank on my 2320. When I am not using it, no impact on the boat whatsoever. Probably use it for 25% or less of the trips.
I added 6 rod holders on top of the tank. With a few inches of water in there you can trailer with rods in the livewell rod holders. Use the lid for a cutting board, use the molded in cupholders for sinker/hook/bait storage. No loss of your good storage.
Thanks for the idea and I get what you are saying, but space on my 1801 is already limited, so this option really won’t work for me. I appreciate the response.

The tank on my 1800 drains onto the deck, then out the scuppers. 20 years like that.
Thanks. That would be the easiest option, however I fish out of the North East and this option would make my deck incredibly slippery in the colder months.

I believe the newer 1801s drain under water. The hose comes out of the bottom of that livewell, on top of the gas tank, then out the stern, below water line.

The tank on my 1800 drains onto the deck, then out the scuppers. 20 years like that.
You’ve got a LIVEWELL (or I suppose a baitwell, depending on your regional colloquial) that drains onto the deck?? So you’re just constantly pumping water onto the deck all day long and fishing in running water??

Pretty much. Transom mounted 800GPH, 3/4 hose that pumps to a custom live-well in front of my console. Over that distance it's not overwhelming and will keep 3 dozen mackerel all day. Its only an issue with 3 people fishing. I'm on the water by 330am so I don't usually have many guests.

Pretty much. Transom mounted 800GPH, 3/4 hose that pumps to a custom live-well in front of my console. Over that distance it's not overwhelming and will keep 3 dozen mackerel all day. Its only an issue with 3 people fishing. I'm on the water by 330am so I don't usually have many guests.
I’m still fascinated by the arrangement. Even at a reduced rate of 600gph, that’s still 10 gallons per minute pumping out onto the deck. That doesn’t bother you?

Not really. It pumps over the transom and a long way so I think even 10GPM is overstating it. The well empties onto the deck from both sides so the water runs along under the gunwales toward the back. One upside...it keeps the deck pretty clean! I'm open to draining this some other way but this has worked for a long time so I haven't thought about it much.

Attachments

• DSCN2283.JPG
    DSCN2283.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
I do something similar, runs on to the deck when pump is running. I fill a 40 gallon Meoller with my washdown pump, overflows to the floor, but doesn't run continuously as I am keeping spot and croaker alive for cobia bait.
I adhere my pieplates to their frame with lifecaulk, and would rather have that salt water running over the deck than hoses running through an unflanged fitting risking water intrusion on the tank. BUT when it gets cold, deer need killing.

Considering putting a similar tank but smaller ( 27 gallon) just in front of the outboard. Pluming the outlet over the transom. Might be too much weight on the back of boat?? Boat is a 1988 Sou'westr 25 ft. 200 Suzuki.

I think it's different for everyone. It was too much weight for my liking. My boat liked the added weight in front of the console.

Last edited:
Back