1994 Parker 2320 extended cabin open back project

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Battery relocation complete. Some detail work and zip ties are still needed but the system is now fully functional. In hindsight i see how I could have condensed it a bit. A BEP cluster is a better/cleaner option but I had the Blue Sea ACR already so to felt there was no point abandoning that. I still need to extend and route the wires from my on board charger. a good cleanup is needed as well but I’ll wait until warmer weather.
7188ee180fe37b531396c546bec68f8c.jpg
348730688a17f7ca8c6f0c18a1e0081d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. If anything looks incorrect or if anyone has any suggestions please post up suggestions. I’m estimating about #120 removed from the stern and an addition 65# added as well. Hopefully this solves my wet deck.

Anyone have any tips on the best location to mount a flux gate compass ?

Sorry been busy lately. I do have room in the same compartment as the batteries further aft. I think I’m going to install it there

fannin":2ik9cw7x said:
https://www.sv-zanshin.com/r/manuals/fluxgatecompassinstallationguide.pdf

Looks like 1meter away from electronics and magnets, if you have an iPhone download the iNstall App. It has a magnetometer for installing compasses.

Thanks! That’s a great idea. Nothing surprises me anymore. There seems to be an app for everything

With temps climbing up into the reasonable range I started puttering on a few projects on the boat. Autopilot is mostly installed, I’m just waiting on a few hydraulic fittings. I had some time this afternoon and installed some 4’ led deck lights under the gunnels.
28da0a1a970f55fe94a0eb98ad9aa49a.jpg

I was working out in the barn tonite and I noticed the gouge on the keel. I can see my trailer will need some modifications to prevent this from happening again. I’m torn on the best way to repair the keel. I can use some thickened resin then topcoat with gelcoat or Should I layup some 1708 strips. Any advice is appreciated.
4cc4493000b9c7eebabd25e7004bdc29.jpg

Those lights look great. I would just mix some polyester resin and cabasol then top coat with gel coat on that keel. Just mix it on the thicker side for more structure. I’m no expert on this though as I’ve only done a few repairs. But I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night :lol:

shawnee83":3an39eps said:
Those lights look great. I would just mix some polyester resin and cabasol then top coat with gel coat on that keel. Just mix it on the thicker side for more structure. I’m no expert on this though as I’ve only done a few repairs. But I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night :lol:

Holiday express.....haha .... not a bad idea. I do need to order some poly resin. I used epoxy for the roof repair but I think I’m going to use poly for this to avoid gel coat complications

Thickened gelcoat applied. Just waiting for it to cure then sand
223781017d20bfc482343dd60f4e11af.jpg

Back