1994 Parker 2320 extended cabin open back project

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The front trailer support (shown in picture) is being replaced with a new one that has 2 rollers. I ordered it this morning so hopefully next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brent":3tydjful said:
I had a minor comment about the electric system updates in the helm seat base. Is that a pump on starboard side? Shouldn’t it be relocated in case the hose breaks?

I have considered that as well. The pump in question is my fresh water pump for my sink. I have never used it nor filled the tank that feeds it.

I’ve been torn on a name . My top 2 are : “Outer Banks” or “Elaina Marie” . My daughters are the second one and they are petitioning heavily for that choice. I like the first one for its roots and heritage

Broken leaf spring on trailer changed
c08cb247cb8f94425011c4750e9d00ff.jpg

mheltunen":rzchxjwy said:
I’ve been torn on a name . My top 2 are : “Outer Banks” or “Elaina Marie” . My daughters are the second one and they are petitioning heavily for that choice. I like the first one for its roots and heritage

I like both names. “Cat’s Cradle” is for my wife. She teaches preschool and her students call her Mrs Cat. Her name is Catherine. She always likes to sleep in the cuddy when I’m running. That’s my name story. She loves the boat but I’ve always joked that the name helps when I have to break out another $1000, lol. If your girl names was your wife then I would say for sure go that way....but that said, honor your girls and they will love it.

Good thing your spring was still holding on, 2 weekends ago when my brother was pulling my trailer out after we launched, I got to see my entire rear axle come out of the trailer as he crested the top of the ramp and the rear axle unloaded. It rolled down the ramp right in front of me and luckily made a hard right into the pier before hitting the drink. I’ve been telling myself to get them changed for 2 years but putting it off as I only tow about 2 miles each way to the ramp. It was no surprise to me why it happened, I’m very lucky that it didn’t happen out on the road. Shame on me for letting them go so long. Someone could have gotten hurt. $768 later with new hubs and springs, it’s back in action. I’m going to need a new trailer in about 3/4 years though.

mheltunen":31gamqh4 said:
I was working out in the barn tonite and I noticed the gouge on the keel. I can see my trailer will need some modifications to prevent this from happening again. I’m torn on the best way to repair the keel. I can use some thickened resin then topcoat with gelcoat or Should I layup some 1708 strips. Any advice is appreciated.
4cc4493000b9c7eebabd25e7004bdc29.jpg

I ended up using Parker gelcoat thickened with cabosil. The damaged area was not into the glass and looked much worse than it actually was. It’s not perfect but I’m pleased with the results.
f13a365ec812198273aaca424ba15c60.jpg

shawnee83":2f66sqwy said:
That looks great. Your very efficient on your projects.

Thanks, my wife may disagree though. I have some doors that need painting in our entrance that I’m dragging my feet on.

New front trailer support with rollers installed as well as new wheel bearings on the trailer.
a3ddbba7f3bf71c186385db1891be051.jpg

The snow is finally gone. I’m ready for the season.
5c9d55bf698d46d5def256c0ebd15762.jpg

First trip out tonite. I’d have to say it was a success. My son and nephew each caught a fish so they were happy. With about 40-50 gallons of fuel in the tank and 2 big adults at the stern my deck remained dry. It appears that the battery relocation was a success and moved enough weight forward to keep my feet dry. I’m very pleased with the results.

Fishing is still a bit slow but decent. It gets in full swing around July 4th and later locally

Brent":1tl8yf1v said:
Do you fish close to shore or out in big open water?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That varies. We were trolling a stones throw from shore a week ago but come July we will be as far as 60 miles out.

Back